Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

JR 500 T - Does yours buzz and twitch??

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

JR 500 T - Does yours buzz and twitch??

Old 02-13-2004, 09:45 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 500 T - Does yours buzz and twitch??

Recently 2 fellows showed up at the field with R30's both fitted with JR 500T Gyro's.
One had the JR 810G (don't know the specs on this servo but it comes highly recommended) servo and the other had an Airtronics 94742 (2 bb, 50 ounces @ .11 apeed @ 4.8v). Both Tx's were RD6000 with 94777Z Rx's.

After going thru the set up proceedure several times on both Helis we cold not get either rudder servo to stop the buzzing and minor twitching/jittering they were both doing every time we turned on the Helis. Both seemed to fly ok and held the tails decently and after landing the jitters seemed to go away but returned at the next start up on both.

Horizon says this is not normal and to send them back for warranty service but Heliproz
says it IS normal, at least as far as they've seen with the ones they fly with 810G's and perhaps other servos as well.

For those of you who have had actual hands on experience with the JR 500T please offer your comments.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2004, 04:17 PM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

Default RE: JR 500 T - Does yours buzz and twitch??

i think the Buzzing you are hearing is the digital servos keeping there center,thtas the digitals for you.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:52 PM
raiki

Default RE: JR 500 T - Does yours buzz and twitch??

I use a 550T and 810G on my raptor 30v1. The servo definately doesn't buzz but the gyro sensor makes a horrible squeel, which is normal.

I'd suggest making sure the tail rotor pitch mechanism and pushrod is free. For best results fit a rear servo mount and use a carbon pushrod. Sounds to me like the pitch mechanism is binding, but as it gets worked out (during flying) it frees up. Disconnect the pushrod and see if it slides easily with your fingers.

Adrian