Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

one more..... raptor TR assembly

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

one more..... raptor TR assembly

Old 06-13-2002, 10:50 PM
pepito9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one more..... raptor TR assembly

today all the questions popped in my head....

i am re-assembling the TR on the raptor, how do you guys keep the shaft centered and balanced when inseting the screws that hold the blade grips in place.

do you do it by measuring that the same length of both screws are visible after tightening?

do you balance this whole assembly when done?
do you balance the COMPLETE TR shaft and blade grips?

thanks,
diego
Old 06-14-2002, 12:48 AM
tisrich

The easiest way is to get a one piece hub. With it you don't have to bother with the screws. If you have to use the stock one then carefully align it so you can temporarily screw in one of the long grub screws. Once properly in place put locktite on the other screw and install it. Then go back and remove the first screw, lockite it and install. Just seat both screws in as far as they can go and don't worry about it I have balanced the blades only and never found it necessary to balance the entire assembly. Hope this helps!
Rich
Old 06-14-2002, 01:36 PM
Hitch-Hiker

I second the one piece hub idea!! This is my #1 needed and possibly the only upgrade I really suggest with the 30 series.

I've seen a few stock screws back out and then the tail is really out of ballance . Sucks seeing 1 of your tail blades with grip flying through air!

Nice to see ACE went to the larger tail hub for the 50 kits.

Jeff S.