Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

What a RUSH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 06:46 AM
Deman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a RUSH!!!!

WOW!!!!

This is the second time I take my Heli up. To give you some back ground.

The first time i took it up it ended up in a tree with me picking up the pieces.

So this morning i decided to try again. As i strapped on the training gear i could feel my knees start to shake and my forhead sweat, but i thought if i didn't muster up the courage to try again now i never would.

I started the engine and set it up 10 meters away from me and started nuging the throttle up half heartedly!! My heart was beating so fast and my knees were really wobbly!!! I couldn't believe it!! What a rush!

I tell you when the stick reached half way it got light on its skids and started to bob around... It was quite windy so i didn't push my luck and just settled with it hopping around abit.

I have to go clean it up now, but i was sooo excited that i wanted to share it with you guys. I will keep you posted.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Deman

Default What a RUSH!!!!

Well to update you guys!

Just took it up for a second run.

Was a bit more courageous and managed to hover it for about 20 seconds a meter from the ground.

Really starting to like this..

I would like to hear your recollections from your first flights and how u progressed to give me an idea of the goals i should set for myself.
Old 06-14-2002, 02:57 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

Default What a RUSH!!!!

I was truely amazed when I first saw my helicopter in the air. And that was with someone else flying it! The first couple flights, I didn't get more than waist high and spent most of the time carrying it back to my starting point. It's very easy to get in over your head when you are starting. Be satisfied with each small step you make.

After three years, I'm equally thrilled with each flight. Especially if I was able to do something a little bit better.

Tom