Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Rozy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripped off

Just a word of caution to you heli guys. I have gotten ripped off by Guy Spencer from Lake City he owns the local hobby shop there. I will say most of the deal went through without to much problems other than seemed like he always had and excuse for being late. anyway down to the last part of the trade "which by the way started in Feb this year" he has stalled BS's and outright lied. He is now screening my calls with caller ID and will not call me back or email me. SO BE WARNED. Jim
Old 08-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Leon

Default RE: Ripped off

Sounds like my local dealer, everyone has abandoned him for large things, eg kits, I now shop at brigg (about 20 miles away) when they say they will get something on a certain date, then its usually about right, but my local dealer has earned a reputation for not meeting his "estimates" for item arrival.

Im not the only customer he's driving away for large/expensive items, not by a long shot

Heres the best bit, after I mentioned I had just bought a Sceadu 50 Evo, he claimed he had one in stock in the shop, which he didnt, he actually had the Sceadu 30 non-evo (I visited the shop a day he wasnt there while thinking about getting it, until I saw the price) he was charging nearly the same and without any engine at all

Basically all im really prepared to buy from him is things like servos, blades, glow plugs and fuel tubing, for anything costing much more I would go else where

Its not always a good idea to support your local dealer, especially when they dont always seem like they support you, making a person wait 3-4 months for an order is not a good way to create customer loyalty
Old 08-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Rozy

Ok folks I have received a phone call from the individual in question and he assures me my pkg is on its way no later than tomorrow. It appears to have been one GIANTIC misunderstanding. Will let you know when pkg is received. Jim
Old 08-23-2004, 10:38 PM
pitboss

Sounds like how my now out of bussiness LHS ran their bussiness. i.e. charged way to much for stuff, would sometimes rip a new arce to its loyal customers for parts that they didn't have and had to order.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

Rozy, please be sure to do the right thing and post here when your package comes in. Stuff happens and people lose track of time and and make mistakes.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:41 AM
Rozy

Ok guys I finally got my stuff from Guy. It appears to be one Giant misunderstanding. Guy sorry for any trouble this post has caused you. Jim
Old 08-24-2004, 02:02 PM
johnnyblade

mayb this can help on getting some spare parts or chopper
ive used this for most of my spare parts sometimes slow shipping like 10 - 14 days but great service for a site like this

[link=http://www.royalwebspace.com/e-shop/Default.asp?sp=2&itm=26]http://www.royalwebspace.com/e-shop/Default.asp?sp=2&itm=26[/link]
Old 08-24-2004, 07:34 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

I said to hell with LHS quite awhile ago! Between Tower and Heliproz (and a few other online stores for harder to find stuff), I have a much larger selection, lower prices (even with shipping), and a better return policy (LHS, HobbyTown, won't give cash back for returns, just store credit). Only thing I buy from LHS is fuel... too much $$$ for hazardous material shipping fees for that!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Gryphin

ORIGINAL: -pkh-

I said to hell with LHS quite awhile ago! Between Tower and Heliproz (and a few other online stores for harder to find stuff), I have a much larger selection, lower prices (even with shipping), and a better return policy (LHS, HobbyTown, won't give cash back for returns, just store credit). Only thing I buy from LHS is fuel... too much $$$ for hazardous material shipping fees for that!
Guess i'm one of the lucky ones with a LHS that, in the owner's words "Chooses not to get run over by the mail order guys". So he's really good about pricing and such.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:15 AM
rotorpsyco
My Feedback: (2)

well unfortunatly I dont support my local lhs either...the reason? not because I dont want too, I would love to go to the store which is right 5 min away from my house and pick up some parts...but the owner has the mind set that there are too many heli's and the parts are too expensive to stock stuff for them, and then when you do order parts they are typically 20 to 30 bucks more expensive than anyone I can get on the internet, and sometimes more in some cases...for example...his asking price on a 401/9254 combo is $240 and he has to order it...what he dosent realize (which I have tried) that if you go down to the local flying feild there are about 15 guys flying raptors and a handfull flying other brands...so in my opinion, carry a selection of blades, and some rappy stuff....but what the heck do I know eh?
Old 08-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Leon

lol, some ppl are so stupid