Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

TH Kyosho Nexus 30 setup/help PLZ

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

TH Kyosho Nexus 30 setup/help PLZ

Old 09-05-2002, 11:57 AM
USMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH Kyosho Nexus 30 setup/help PLZ

I have a Nexus 30 with an futaba skyport 6H. I balanced the plades, set the pitch to +6 and everything is dead on. But when the swashplate angles forward the stabilizer blades have positive pitch to the right and when angled to the rear the blades have positive pitch to the left. Is this right? There has to be something put together wrong. Its the same thing when the swashplate angles the the left, Thats when i have positive pitch forward. This is the next chapter in tards because i can't figure out for the life of me what went wrong. Im new to helis but have been in rc for awile and have read that intruction manual over and over again trying to figure out what i did wrong. I hope there are some pro's in here that can help me out.

Thank You
Joel
Old 09-05-2002, 01:30 PM
acr1346

The nice thing about heli's is they are smarter than we are. What you see is correct. The flybar paddles are used to move the spinning disk (the total rotor effect), like tilting a garbabe can lid.
Things happen 45deg of rotation after you tell it to, sort of a time lag thing with the spanning disk (real simple answer). So.....if the blades are fore and aft and the paddles are side to side, moving the swash plate fore or aft will rotate the paddles, in turn tilting the total spinning disk in the direction of the swash plate, or......
everything is ok just fly it and beleive!
Old 09-05-2002, 01:37 PM
USMC

OK, so when the swashplate is tilted forward, the heli will still go forward or will it turn left?
Old 09-05-2002, 07:33 PM
jackfrost5555

Default swash plate tilt

Hi guy,
If you tilt the swash plate forward, the heli will fly forward, but if you look at what that input is doing to the blade and paddle pitch, it appears that it would tilt left.
The other guy had it near right, but not quite. Inputs will affect the movement of the helicopter 90 degrees later.
It's called gyroscopic precession. Igor Sikorsky discovered this, and was able to build the first flyable helicopter.
Your heli's o.k. fly it. Libraries have books on this subject. If you fly a Nexus, like I do, that phasing can be improperly set, and if it is, your heli will fly in a crabbed manner. Your assembly manuel addresses that....
Old 09-05-2002, 09:11 PM
acr1346

USMC......you've got mail.......
Old 09-06-2002, 07:20 AM
tisrich

Default phasing is essential

Phasing on the Nexus is critical. Look carefully at your manual and make sure the head is properly aligned. The holes in the main mast must be at 90 degrees to the washout arms. You have to hold the head with one hand and spin the mast around to get it configured properly. This is before you tighten down the four screws in the mast stopper. Easiest to do by looking at it from the side. If you don't get this right the rotor will not be aligned properly and you will indeed be moving in directions you don't want to go.
Old 09-06-2002, 03:20 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default Nexus

Check your pitch you should have 0 or -1 at low +5-6 at hover and +9 at high pitch for normal
Old 09-07-2002, 01:19 AM
jackfrost5555

Default phasing

Good post Tisrich. I wish Kyosho would emphasize how to set the phasing properly. We have some of these guys buy them as arfs, and when they wreck them, they totally miss the phasing part when reassembling.
Jack Hall...