Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Flybar position preference...

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Flybar position preference...

Old 02-02-2005, 11:35 PM
sslayman
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flybar position preference...

OK, the last heli I had was a Kalt Baron 50. It had the flybar below the blade mounts. I found that it was easier to fly than my previous helis. Of course this could have been just me. Anyway, does anyone know if the flybar above the blade mounts or below the blade mounts is better, or just different? Does mounting a head button on either style head easier? Wish we had had those many years ago!

Thanks,

Scott!
Old 02-03-2005, 10:13 AM
WhtBronco

Default RE: Flybar position preference...

The flybar on top or bottom doesn't matter. It is just different head design. I don't know about mounting a head button if it's easier with 1 than the other. My Raptor 50 has the flybar on top of the main blades and mounting the head button was fairly easy. I kinda like the way the helis look with the flybar below the main blades, but on top is okay.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:07 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have flown both ways and haven't noticed a diff. The head button on the rappy is pretty easy to install. If the heli has one that the manufacturer makes for it, then mounting should be straight forward. If they dont' make one for it, then it will be more difficult.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:24 AM
TMooreATX

The reason for the underslung flybar was originally for shorter linkages and the fact that all the links could be on the underside of the traverse shaft thus simplifying the linkage setup. There isn't much difference in the way they feel. Most of that will come from the flybar ratio and mixing ratios.

TM
Old 02-04-2005, 07:42 AM
sslayman
My Feedback: (14)

Ahh, yes! Now that you mention it you are right. I was just curious if it had something to do with better flybar response. I didn't remember what it was, but now you've jogged my poor little old weak mind. It's amazing what you can forget about these things in 15 years. The advances that they've made in construction and mods for these machines is just amazing. OK, I'll not worry about one being better than the other then.

Thanks guy's,

Scott!