Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Be on the look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Be on the look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2002, 01:09 AM
Buzzin Brian
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be on the look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know to be on the look out for someone with a large amount of RC gear that is new for sale. Be it on Ebay or on one of these sites. The local hobby shop that I frequent was broken into two days ago, and was hit pretty hard. The turds got a LOT of stuff. Just to mention some of the stuff. They got about 6 Venture CP kits, 8 JR 8103 radios, severall 662 radios, 1 387 radio, a whole host of engines both for helis and airplanes, severall trainer airplanes, as well as severall aerobatic airplane kits. There is a whole lot more that they got away with, this is just a quick list of some things to be on the lookout for. If anyone has any thoughts, or might know something please PM or E-mail me. I would love to see these parisites caught and behind bars.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2002, 02:01 AM
=XGC= OzZ

Default Re: Be on the look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Buzzin Brian
I just wanted to let everyone know to be on the look out for someone with a large amount of RC gear that is new for sale. Be it on Ebay or on one of these sites. The local hobby shop that I frequent was broken into two days ago, and was hit pretty hard. The turds got a LOT of stuff. Just to mention some of the stuff. They got about 6 Venture CP kits, 8 JR 8103 radios, severall 662 radios, 1 387 radio, a whole host of engines both for helis and airplanes, severall trainer airplanes, as well as severall aerobatic airplane kits. There is a whole lot more that they got away with, this is just a quick list of some things to be on the lookout for. If anyone has any thoughts, or might know something please PM or E-mail me. I would love to see these parisites caught and behind bars.

Thanks
Ok thanks for the heads up. Do not worry Law in forcment is looking at all the sites as well. but I will let the Mods know of this...
Old 09-20-2002, 12:04 PM
polarisRCU
Banned

When did this happen ?

If we knew when, we might be able to not suspect older messages offering these items.
Old 09-21-2002, 02:29 AM
Buzzin Brian

It happened Tuesday night, 9-17-2002. I realize that law enforcement is looking as well, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. One can never tell who may see something out of the ordinary. I suspect that the perps were not even modelers at all. Most of the engines that they took they just took off of the tops of the boxes that they were displayed on. Severall of them still had the carbs and mufflers for them in the boxes that they were sitting on. So unless they buy the missing parts, they are basicly not verry valuable. As well as leaving about 15 saito engines, that were on the same shelf that the radios were on. As well as takeing severall 662 radios, and leaving 3 378 radios. They were not the smartes group of turds, but they still did manage to get about $20,000 worth of stuff.

Thanks for looking guys.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:09 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

what really sux, is that most of it will wind up in a dumpster. cause the pawn shopies don't want r/c stuff at all, and where else would ya fence it?
Old 09-23-2002, 10:12 PM
=XGC= OzZ

Default Everybody loses

Originally posted by mongo
what really sux, is that most of it will wind up in a dumpster. cause the pawn shoppes don't want r/c stuff at all, and where else would ya fence it?
I agree sucks when people hurt others just for the fun of it.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:15 AM
Amoore

Default Where at?

Hi,

Where's the hobby shop in OK city that sells heli stuff?
I'd like to come up and visit, I live in Altus.

BTW, I'll look out for the losses also and let you know.

There's only one good place for crooks...
Old 09-24-2002, 01:36 AM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

I wish I could find that dumpster!!! Daz...
Old 09-24-2002, 02:57 AM
Buzzin Brian

Amoore,
It is on SW74th and May Ave. It is in a shopping center with an Albertsons. The sign on it says Hobby and RC. The owners name as you may have gathered is Mike. He is a great guy, and offers full support for, as well as flys JR helis. But has some other stuff on hand. Blades, blade ballencers, flybars, etc....... Check out his store. It is definatly a good place to go. He has Venture kits and parts in stock pretty much all the time. As well as good parts on hand for the Vigor. And if he can get it, and you need it, he will get it for you. A great place to shop for sure. Tell him I set you.:~)