Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

New os 37 heli engine

Old 08-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Sawdust48.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New os 37 heli engine

I'm a newbe and I hate to admit it, butt my tt 36 pro h has gotten the best of me. I don't know enough about these engines to keep the carb tuned in. Engine has less than 5 quarts thru it.

From what I've been able to gather from RC Universe, the os engines are very reliable, easy to start, and easy to tune. From what I gather the carb settings are pretty much set it and forget it. Is this true? I bought a new os 37 SZ-H and an exhaust for it.
Can anyone give me the basic setting for low and top end to get things started? I'm at sea level running a raptor 30 running 15%. I understand that an os should be broke in a little rich.
What I'm planning on doing is running engine just fast enough to make it light on the ground for 2 tanks. Then doing the same thing butt in a steady hover. Lastly I will have carb fine tuned. Will this be enough to break the engine in?
Does this sound like a good plan to those of you who are very familiar with the os engines?

Thanks for all your feedback
Dennis
Sachse, Tx
Old 08-02-2005, 01:01 PM
JohnFH
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: New os 37 heli engine

My OS 37 was almost perfect right out of the box. I added a couple of clicks to richen it a little after I started it. It did start almost instantly with the factory settings and I have only leaned it a little with about a gallon through it so far.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Sawdust48.5

That's nice to hear. I hope my new engine comes close to your experience. Lord knows my tt36 Pro H is a pita[sm=thumbdown.gif]
Thanks for the reply.

We're just older boys with better toys!!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a TT36 that was a complete turd. It had pretty good power but would not hold its mixture setting, and would overheat. I replaced it with an old OS 32F and had a better time than trying to fight that darn Thunder Tiger. Everything I hear about the OS 37 is that it is a winner.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Sawdust48.5

I hope the os 37 I bought holds up to os's reputation. I've worked on everything from lawn mowers, chainsaws, fopreign and domestic engines since about 76. Never has an engine ever got the best of me. It's amazing what you can do under the shade of a tree!! lol Butt I have to admit that TT has won. I give up. My os 37 is in the mail!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
motorhead540

i have a hawk pro that came with 2 engines a tt36 which was in the heli and a os 32sx heli after many and i repeat many hours of messing with the tt36 i am removing it rom the airframe and installing the os just can't get the darn tt36h pro to run consistant runs for awile get warmed up or low on fuel land and shut down and will not restart have turned on both the screws till i am blue in the face still would not run right

probably a good engine but hard to tune