Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

My New Fury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

My New Fury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 04:33 PM
Lift
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Fury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a pic of my new Fury 60 Expert. I traded my ole reliable Raptor 60 with all the upgrades known to mankind for her.

She is equiped with the usual Expert stuff:
YS .61 ST2 w/Hatori 666 2-piece
GY 401/9253
Futaba 9252s
2700 NIMH 4.8v pack

The picture is the orginal owners but mine has 686 MAH mains and 105mm SAB Black CF tail blades. I plan on continuing my 3D development on this machine. The reason for the trade was I am not crashing as much now and the Fury has an incredibly aggressive flybar feedback ratio capable of 1.6:1!! The Raptor 60 is still my recommendation for burgeoning 3D fliers. Although, if you can handle the $300/crash cost of the Fury then by all means get the Fury.

I'm not a fan of "skid stops" so those are not on now along with these blades, but here goes....

Old 10-30-2002, 10:45 PM
helitroll

Default 300??

My last fury crash cost @ 600 and all I was doing was flying back to the pits to land when I lost the tail gears. I was still in Stunt 1 and I was not quick enough to hit throttle hold due to altitude. It would have been easier and faster to buy a new kit. I did a better job with the set up the second time around.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Lift

$600??? What happened? It must have beaten itself to death on the ground.....

Sorry to hear about that. On occasion you hear of stories like yours. Those crash costs can send many packing in this hobby. I know I would be ticked!!!

Good luck as well
Old 10-31-2002, 12:08 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

I'm selling my Raptor 80 to get another Fury myself. I have only crash 2 times but not with my Fury this year.My fury has never been crashed but it has now become the heli I fly the most.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:44 AM
da_man
My Feedback: (30)

That is some nice fury.

I can't believe that it cost somebody 600 dollars due to the tail rotor grear. My whole tail axle almost came off during flight because the set screw almost came off. My fury shook a little bit in the air and the gyro corrected it and flew fine. I discovered it a week later when I noticed that the axle was wiggling.

I really don't fly it anymore because I get nervous. I know I can handle it, but that repair bill is all I think about while flying it.
Old 11-02-2002, 03:00 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Originally posted by da_man
That is some nice fury.

I can't believe that it cost somebody 600 dollars due to the tail rotor grear. My whole tail axle almost came off during flight because the set screw almost came off. My fury shook a little bit in the air and the gyro corrected it and flew fine. I discovered it a week later when I noticed that the axle was wiggling.

I really don't fly it anymore because I get nervous. I know I can handle it, but that repair bill is all I think about while flying it.
Are you going to sell it?
Old 11-02-2002, 07:39 PM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

Man Lift you have been buying alot lately, a Sceadu 30, now a Fury, ok c'mon tell us whats next, a Freya

Daz...
Old 11-04-2002, 04:28 AM
Lift

Default Ok, I admit I am up to something.....

Daz,
You caught me! Yep, I am shaking up my fleet to try some new stuff over the winter and spring season. Here in SW Texas we pretty much get to fly thru winter with the exception of Hurricanes. So, I am taking advantage of some of the deals out there right now.

Yup, I posted on RR needing some tips on converting a Sceadu 30 to 50. I got an opportunity to pickup a Sceadu 30 with the DTDS and 3rd bearing block pretty cheap. It already had a Hirobo .36 and 550 glass blades. So, I am selling the Hirobo .36. The blades sold at the Fall Fest Fun Fly at Sulfur this past weekend but if anyone wants the motor you had better act quick!! $80 + shipping. The motor and heli only flew 3 tanks!! I will give the Sceadu 50 a shot to live up to what all these Hirobo fans have been claiming. I still got my Falcon 50 SE V2 to compare it to!

I can't believe I did it but I crashed the Fury on the 6th flight. Just doing a medium speed stationary piro in 20 mph winds at the FF and fell asleep. I just stood there and watched it beat the mud!! There goes my beautiful MAHs and pride! Carried it back to the pits and everyone asked what the .... happened? I don't crash very often. Oh well, it's gonna be $200 with blades. Canopy survived unscratched! I'll sayt this much though, those White 3D paddles on the Fury head are VERY active and it got away from me so fast I didn't even know I was in trouble. With those on and the cyclic ratio only set at 1:1 the heli just says "Please oh please flip me....I don't want to sit still ya know Payton!"
Old 11-04-2002, 12:37 PM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

Lift, thats too bad about the Fury, but $200.00 to fix a Fury isnt bad at all. BTW, it looks great in the picture, I wouldnt mind having one myself, especially if I can get a good deal on one. When you get some pics of the Sceadu , post those also, I plan on ordering one this week, a Sceadu 50, I love the Hirobo's. Daz...
Old 11-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Lift

Daz,
The Hirobo machines are nice. They build easy, parts are readily avialable, low maintenance, and fly good. You aren't going wrong with a Sceadu or Freya. Based on those two choices I wouldn't recommend an older Hirobo but those two are great.

I have been studying the Sceadu design and it is simple and effective. There are some area that are cheap but that is the case on most plastic helis. I will be flying mine in a month or so. I got some saving up to do to get my fleet back in order.

1) Falcon SE - need JR8311s back from service
2) Sceadu 50 - need conversion kit to make it a 50, need TT .50 and servos and blades.
3) Fury Expert - need repair parts.

As it stands currently I am down until Horizon wraps up their end. That and the weather down here in SW Texas has been rain, rain, rain for almost 4 weeks straight now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stupid: