Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Heli Freak.com IS GONE!!! The Cirkus is too :(

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Heli Freak.com IS GONE!!! The Cirkus is too :(

Old 12-31-2005, 04:56 PM
iflynething

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli Freak.com IS GONE!!! The Cirkus is too :(

What are we going to do. I mean I'm not the only one that stays only on RCU. I'm on other ones like RR, and the Freak....

Man this sucks. I didn't really hang out on the Freak that much but, what are we going to do now

I hope someon can come along to get it back up and running. I hope the old runner of the Freak is ok. I don't exactly know what's wrong, but I hope everything turns out ok.

~Michael~
Old 12-31-2005, 11:34 PM
MAX NITRO
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Heli Freak.com IS GONE!!!

I thought this was a wind-up but it is true!
pitty, every forum has merit and Helifreak was one of the best.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:00 AM
iflynething

Yeah. We will have to pray for the guy who is doing bad. I don't know who it is, but I sure do hope he feels better and we can get it back up and running!!

IT'S 12 PM...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

~Michael~
Old 01-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Yeah Helifreak is an awesome site, or was. Hopefully it will be running again in the future. For now we have RCUniverse, Runryder[], and Team-raptor.net for those raptor pilots.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:49 AM
iflynething

Hmm. I will have to check out Team-Raptor. I have never heard of that. Sounds good.

Anyways, yeah maybe some will come along and be able to get it back up and running again.

Does anyone know the "older" "webmaster?" I think webmaster would be the right name for him.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

~Michael~
Old 01-01-2006, 08:07 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Oops.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:09 PM
mvigod
Banned

If there is anything we can do here at RCU to make it a better heli resource and forum for you guys just let us know. I'm a heli flyer and my partner michael is a huge scale heli fanatic so we are all in. Just point us where we need to be and we'll fill the gaps I promise!
Old 01-01-2006, 09:22 PM
iflynething

Default RE: Heli Freak.com IS GONE!!! The Cirkus is too :(

Well, I didn't really hang out there THAT much, but I mean it was a good hang out place when I was there.

But, it's just that it IS gone.

I like RCU just the way it is. I don't like change, especially with forums like RCU and the Freak.

Now, I just come to find out that The Cirkus that everyone has all come to know and love is also gone! OMG, OMG. What are we going to do. Well, the Cirkus IS gone, but they are now the Giants.

All the great threads of information are gone now. That's what I hate is, that they had to start all over and all the threads are erased. To be best of my knowledge, I haven't found the older threads that were on the original Cirkus.

But anyways. I personally like RCU just the way it is. It is it's own little thread. Well maybe not little, but I like it!!

~Michael~
Old 01-01-2006, 10:43 PM
mvigod
Banned

Michael,

what you speak of is the downfall of posting on these under financed and under staffed websites that pop up each year. Running these things is a huge undertaking. Not for the faint of the heart. The larger they get the more time and money goes into them. Most of these sites fail. One of the bad things you noted is that all the contributions are lost everytime they go down.

I've seen so many fail in 4 years and come and go. Most are fly by night. A few last a little longer and then one thing or another ends them. When I started RCU I was like alot of these guys. Figured I'd toss up this better mousetrap (how different can a "forum" be though you have to ask) and do it on the side. Well in 3 months I had to stop everything else I was doing and dedicate full time to RCU. I also had to go an entire year with no salary while spending 16 hours a day and 6 to 7 days a week working on this. Then the site started making some money and lo and behold I merged with RC Airport and then went another year of no salary to pay off the development costs and hardware! Ouch! Not sure many could sustain this high risk and cost and judging by the failures of RCU also-rans during this time it seems most cannot.

Anyway people have to decide if they want to place their bets and time contributing to sites that have far less than a 50/50 chance of being around in a year. Even if the people hand it off to another person to run their site the time will swallow them whole. So you have to ask yourself is it worth risking your time and contributions on some of these sites that are likely to be gone in a year or so...these two are the latest examples and there have been many before them and many more will follow.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:13 PM
iflynething

WOW. I knew it was involved. Just not that much. 16 hours!! WOW. Incredible.

I just thank that RCU has lasted this long, and hope it will for years to come. I mean.....well forever actually lasting!!

But everything comes at a cost, and all things come to an end, some time or another.

But, RCU is still here, and that's all that matter.

I just want to thank you, Marc, for doing everything you can to make this the best possible forum group on the net, and everything that you will do. I'm glad you thought of something like this

~Michael~
Old 01-02-2006, 04:38 PM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well we pooled together and got HF.com back on-line. And Marc is right it is a lot of work.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:38 PM
iflynething

Oh, I can definately believe that running a site as large as the Cirkus, The Freak, or RCU is loads of work. I understand, and I applaud the efforts so far and how it's ran!!

It's good that the Freak is back up and running. I will have to go check them back out..

~Michael~