Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

RCU heads into 5th year and will be here for many years to come!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

RCU heads into 5th year and will be here for many years to come!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 08:14 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RCU heads into 5th year and will be here for many years to come!

Happy New Year to all the members and visitors here on RC Universe. RCU now enters its 5th year online showing that it has withstood the test of time. With the closure of several rc websites in 2005 and the subsequent loss of all your photos, posts, history and time spent we want to assure everyone that RCU's foundation is rock solid.

While we have watched literally dozens of websites come and go since 2001, we plan on being here for decades to come to serve each of you and preserve the content made up by YOUR posts, photos and contributions. Our business model is sustainable and running this site is what we do day in and day out. We just expanded hardware again and now run on 11 servers total all with daily backups! If you are tired of building up your post counts and trusting your images to other sites that inevitably seem to come and go each year we are happy to give our assurance RC Universe will be here for the long haul!

Thanks everyone for a great 4 years and as we head into our 5th here in 2006 we are working harder then ever to give you the best and most reliable radio control website anywhere! As always if you have suggestions for us to improve just head down to the suggestions forum and we read the feedback and look forward to it.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:25 PM
iflynething

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCU heads into 5th year and will be here for many years to come!

Yeah, other forums closing: The Freak, The Cirkus. We all know what they are. I'm going to be mad if RunRyder closes. But we all know RCU is one of the best!!

I'm glad RCU was thought of, and I have gained so much through the hundreds, upon thousands of threads on here.

Just don't change anything. I like the way RCU is right now. Maybe some minor changes that are usual on RCU, but I would hate to have a whole new site like The Cirkus did, becoming The Giants!!

Anyways, thanks for 5 great years. I've only been a member since 02, but I plan on being here many more years.

Wonder if we will make it to 500,000 members...............1,000,000?

Pretty far out there, but I know it's possible, if nothing major changes and we don't have to start all over

Thanks for everything RCU

~Michael~
Old 01-02-2006, 11:21 AM
r2helis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCU heads into 5th year and will be here for many years to come!

Thanks RCU for the years of devotion to this fantastic hobby. Keep up the good work and God Bless.