Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Reciever pack.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Gorgok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reciever pack.

I have been looking to either replace or get another reciever pack for my heli for a bit now. I found some that are both really cheap, and high capacity. But as i was looking for comparable prices, which i could fine none better, i noticed something.

My JR reciever pack has 3 wires, and the packs i am looking at have only 2... What does the 3rd wire actually do, if anything. I have to grab my multimeter to check if its live or not, but im wondering if there is any point to it? I now realize the charger does too, but the switch and charging jack on the heli don't... so there really can't be a point to it?

The packs i was looking at are larger than the AA size cells the radio came with, sound like sub Cs. This combo here: 2 for 24.99. They are NiMH as well, instead of the NiCd that i have now. (Which does mean i need a charger, but thats a small price to pay for this.)

Unless someone has a even better deal or site, i'll probably get those. That is, if the 3rd wire issue is also resolved.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:55 PM
da_man
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reciever pack.

There is no point to to the third wire. There is only positive a negative.