Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

How to get your WIFE to let you buy as many Helicopters as you want.......

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

How to get your WIFE to let you buy as many Helicopters as you want.......

Old 12-12-2002, 07:26 PM
Kirk-RCU
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get your WIFE to let you buy as many Helicopters as you want.......

.....The other day, my wife said to me.....

Some men name there boats after their wives, some men name their homes, and castles, & towns after their wives....

YOU don't even have a helicopter named after me!!

So I got a canopy,,,and had a GIRLY paint job put on it, with some flowers and "MY TAMMY" as the title!!

Now my Daughter wants one with her name on it.....LOOKS like I get to buy a new helicopter!!!!!!!!!

Thought ya'll would like to have a peek.

Yours,

Kirk Voclain

PS: By the way,,,,Wade McGee painted this for me!! Wade McGee Trading Company!! HE only charged me $97.00!!! INCLUDING SHIPPING!!!! Canopy FX wanted $220.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	40684_2473.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	25355  
Old 12-12-2002, 09:02 PM
planelazy

Default Heli buying

I found something that worked for me,I got a divorce. Tim.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:17 PM
Culverson
My Feedback: (14)

Default How to get your WIFE to let you buy as many Helicopters as you want.......

Easy, i'm up to 8 heli's now-she flies too makes it easy. But until after Xmas I'm limited till I sell some heli's and that was my idea..
Old 12-13-2002, 09:59 AM
KiwiPilot

Nice paintjob - who did you get to do that? or was it a home based job?

Nice shaped canopy too
Old 12-13-2002, 03:35 PM
Kirk-RCU

Wade McGee

YOU can find him at:

www.wademcgeetradingcompany.com

HE always has a great price!!!!!

Kirk
Old 12-16-2002, 09:14 PM
RS2K

JUST DON'T CRASH IT!!!! LOL, I know it may lead to jealousy if you fly your other birds instead, but it may lead to a midnight couch rendezvous if you bury that heli early.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:35 PM
Culverson

Sharp Kirk!

I did this one myself, I got bored. And with Joe's help flame design-(I modified them a bit to be different). I modified the flames on Flexi-Sign software then cut them out on masking tape material & airbrushed it with base then clearcoated with three thin coats of clear. First came painting the Yamaha blue & adding extra coarse metallic the color has a flip-flop color change effect in sunlight.

Joe offered me a deal, on painting my canopy but I had to knock off the rust of painting. At one angle it is blue, the other it has a purple cast.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	41378_13550.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	25356  
Old 12-17-2002, 07:17 PM
Lift
My Feedback: (1)

Culverson,
That is an absolutely beautiful job you did. I have been thinking about getting back into painting myself lately and your job there might get me off my butt!

VERY NICE looking job!!! Way to go dude!

Kirk,
Man, where the heck have you been dude? How's the Falcon?
I still can't believe that I didn't see you at the Fall Fest and you were 20 ' away!!!! Keep in touch bro!
Old 12-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Culverson

Thnx. you could do it if you have had some previous experience and an airbrush lying around handy. My Pasche had a airtip go bad is one reason I had a bit of trouble getting it to spray correctly, I finally got the new part and was able to finish it.

Some of the base colors are alcohol based so if you based your first color and shot it once with clearcoat before customizing it. Then if you are not happy with the blends you can always wipe it down back to the color for canopy down to the clearcoat and not hurt your primary colors.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:45 PM
Kirk-RCU

Working my HINNNY OFF!!

Good news is my HELI fund is rising!!!!

I'll keep in touch.

Kirk
Old 12-17-2002, 09:30 PM
Culverson

Good to see someone mad money is rising, I have bought a lot of usual gyro's & servo's-receivers mine is sorta getting thin till after Xmas..
Old 12-17-2002, 09:48 PM
Kirk-RCU

What would a tricked out Fury, with a 90 engine, all carbon, all digital servos, and a 601 go for?????

THAT is how much money I'm making.....IT'S GOOD TO BE a photographer.

Kirk
Old 12-17-2002, 09:55 PM
Culverson

When you have 8 Whirly birds as my wife jokes calling them setting around it tends to get $$. My next will be possibly the Mini Air Fury Extreme....Now thats a nice looking heli...I still have 2 NIB 60's I'm building.....this month..got to finish them soon.
Right now I just seem limited on time

Nice:
http://www.x-cellrchelicopters.com/102x_kit.htm