Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

any one tried these servos for your helis ??

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

any one tried these servos for your helis ??

Old 08-21-2006, 11:07 AM
jez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one tried these servos for your helis ??

these servos dont look all that fast at 4.8v but looking at the price im tempted to get a set but i want to know if any one has tried them and can say if they are ' good bad n ugly' ect

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-pack-S9350-M...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-21-2006, 08:59 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: any one tried these servos for your helis ??

Looks like a re-badged Tower Pro servo to me.

My experience with Tower Pro servos has been good (atleast the micro ones).. for planes. I don't think i'd suggest them for helicopter use. They don't have very good resolution, you may end up fighting the servos while trying to set your bird up, especially if it's an eCCPM setup.

Don't go cheap on the servos in a helicopter or you may live to regret it.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Gorgok

When i asked about servos people recommended not using metal gears. They wear faster with the vibration in a heli and will cause more noise.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:09 AM
jez33

ORIGINAL: credence

Looks like a re-badged Tower Pro servo to me.

My experience with Tower Pro servos has been good (at least the micro ones).. for planes. I don't think i'd suggest them for helicopter use. They don't have very good resolution, you may end up fighting the servos while trying to set your bird up, especially if it's an eCCPM setup.

Don't go cheap on the servos in a helicopter or you may live to regret it.
hi,,
yes thanks for the insight on these servos. id never seen them before but on paper they looked quite good but i wanted to know how the electronics would fair in helis ect..youve pretty much answered it if its just a pro tower servo..

i dont completely shy away from metal servos as im useing some in my vario 60 airwolf and there isnt any slop or noize but i am more keen ofcause on the karbonite gear servos for 3d atleast
Old 08-25-2006, 11:00 AM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

I've used MG servos without much problem. They do definiately have a bit more play than Nylon or even Karbonite gears do, but certainly not enough to cause any kind of problem.

Tower Pro servos are great for their price. I use them in alot of planes. I just wouldn't stick them in a helicopter as they just aren't smooth enough in their movement. Helicopters are really sensitive to that sort of thing .