Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

ducted fans

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 10:34 AM
shaun1012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ducted fans

does anybody know of RC heli that uses a ducted fan as it's main rotor?
Old 08-26-2006, 10:16 AM
w.pasman

Default RE: ducted fans

Some toy electrics have a protective ring around the rotor(s). Even seen one with a scroll text on that ring. Does that count?
Old 08-26-2006, 03:46 PM
CXela22

if that airplane-Heli thing is made rc, its really a plane and not heli. I dont see how it could happen.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:43 PM
CXela22

Now, after playing and watching different Sci-Fi Movies and Games, there is some interesting things. For example a V22 Ospery looking thing, only more bulky and no tiltrotor option, in the Tiberian series of command and conquer, I always loved thoes Orcas, the interesting Helicopter jet hybrid, but ive seen fanart of a jet body, with its center as a complete ducted fan, almost like a gyrocopter fighterjet thing. Its cool, its cool. Practical? Probably far from. Sci Fi mostly is more artistic than realistic, but to me very fun none the less. But who knows, the gyrocopter fighterjet ducted-fan-as-a-main-rotor could come real.... just like the man in the closet.... youll see.... youll all see.... hell freakin fly it away and destroy us all.... then youll see whos laughing now.... [X(][:-][:'(]