Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Which X-Cell to Buy for Scale? >

Which X-Cell to Buy for Scale?

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Which X-Cell to Buy for Scale?

Old 01-22-2003, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which X-Cell to Buy for Scale?

Hi guys, I currently am flying a Venture 30, still am learning, having a blast. Would like to begin purchasing and working on a scale project. At Century, I would like to get the scale Fuse for the Sea King or Black Hawk which matches up with the X-Cell 60ST, CT, SE.
Not sure of the differences, problems or best of these to get, any suggestions on which one would help.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:56 PM

The Sport Trainer (#1001) mechanics are all you need for a scaler. I'm finishing up a set as we speak to go into an MA Long Ranger.

The only two upgrades I'm putting on this set of mechs is the metal/bearinged roll servo rocking tray and solid t/r hub. The kit parts can be made to work fine with some effort, but it was worth the money to me just to put the better pieces in and be done with it. Everything else on this bird will be box stock.

Oh, the new solid hub requires some different (lighter) tail blades. The delta tail hub in the kit works fine, but is a flaming PITA to install. Again, I traded money for convenience, not for improved performance.

Steve
Old 01-24-2003, 04:06 PM

Hirobo makes AWESOME scale kits.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:31 PM

True, hirobo does and always has owned for scale kits...

Their large scale stuff is just....WOW!!!!!
Old 01-27-2003, 02:38 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Steve is right, the #1001 is a good choice.
If you will be using a HH gyro, use the #0832 tail upgrade to give yourself some piece of mind. You may not think you need it because you will not be doing 3D, but the tail will work extremely hard with these gyros. The new HH gyros will give solid commands that the fuselage may not respond to as quickly as a pod and boom. When this happens, the gyro becomes persistant and the tail sees enormous pressures, just like you are 3ding!

The solid hub is also a good choice as it is a good idea to use the speed up tail gears for enough tail authority in FFF. If you can find it, a 96 tooth main gear (or 95) will help tame the head speed and get you very good power at 1450-1550 head speeds (using tail speed-up gears and light tail blades are a must here). Of course, a tuned muffler system helps to keep the grunt on the Webra 61 by giving an excellent mid to high-mid range torque. I am using a Miniature stainless Nitro pipe and the Webra is turning around 14,000 to 14,850.

I am running a 96 main gear, a 10 tooth pinion on a Webra P5-61, a 15 tooth front transmission gear and a speed up set in the tail. At 1450 rotor speed (using GV-1) the climb out is very impressive using 680 symm's. I will be installing 700-710 semi's next week for even better authority ( Jet Ranger= 13.5 lbs.)

The gasser is also an excellent choice and does not smoke up the joint!

Hope this helps!!