Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Quick 60 Pro & HHI - Anyone have any experience?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Quick 60 Pro & HHI - Anyone have any experience?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 05:40 PM
howardm4
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick 60 Pro & HHI - Anyone have any experience?

Right. Everyone other than you has a bad
attitude.

I re-read and it wasn't until post #12 that
you gave any indication that you actually owned a Quick machine. By post #16,
the HHI guys joined the fray and it went
essentially off topic.

You don't know me from Adam. I've spent
countless days at the field and hours at my
house setting up and helping new people.

I *do* however expect that people will
be honest and display even a small
amount of initiative in searching out
information and doing some of their own
legwork.

I believe you would have gotten a much
different thread if you upfront mentioned
that you already had one vs. what we
all assumed was a 'should I buy this'
question.

I never included myself in the Pro category
nor would I ever.

As I see it, you asked a veiled
question (not knowing what kind of can of worms it was going to open) hoping to get responses from
people. Those people, out of their own
sense of wanting to help, responded.

And when things started getting ugly, you
copped attitude.

How selfish of you to say that after anyone helps you that we are 'free to
roam' cause you didn't get the answer you wanted. I'm sure that the next guy(s) to
want help will appreciate it.

I'm not planning on going to Bham but I
wouldn't be interested in meeting you
even if I was. I'd be too busy helping
people.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:30 PM
gjsinke

WOW...talk about ATTITUDE! Having a bad day Howard?

Originally posted by howardm4
Right. Everyone other than you has a bad
attitude.

(Where did that come from?)JS

I re-read and it wasn't until post #12 that
you gave any indication that you actually owned a Quick machine. By post #16,
the HHI guys joined the fray and it went
essentially off topic.

(Time between post #3 and post#12 was one day (2/21)ie the next time I logged on - that was 12 days ago)JS

You don't know me from Adam. I've spent
countless days at the field and hours at my
house setting up and helping new people.

(I know you're not Adam...I too have helped many newbies over the years - planks)JS

I *do* however expect that people will
be honest and display even a small
amount of initiative in searching out
information and doing some of their own
legwork.

(Indeed I did just that...if you read the thread...you would already know this)JS

I believe you would have gotten a much
different thread if you upfront mentioned
that you already had one vs. what we
all assumed was a 'should I buy this'
question.

(Thanks again...I'm learning everday...but we all know what 'assume' stands for)JS

I never included myself in the Pro category
nor would I ever.

(A self-fulfilling prophecy - I guess? I apologize directly to you Howard for misunderstanding what you meant when you said "And people wonder why some of the boards are filled w/
nothing but newbies and where anyone who knows anything went.")JS

As I see it, you asked a veiled
question (not knowing what kind of can of worms it was going to open) hoping to get responses from
people. Those people, out of their own
sense of wanting to help, responded.

(Thats right - I didn't know, and have continued to thank all those who replied)JS

And when things started getting ugly, you
copped attitude.

(The only time I copped attitude...I openly admitted I was wrong...and have continued to thank everyone for their input.)JS

How selfish of you to say that after anyone helps you that we are 'free to
roam' cause you didn't get the answer you wanted. I'm sure that the next guy(s) to
want help will appreciate it.

(Obviously my response was targeted at you and you only because you blamed me for, and stated "Jim, Thanks for wasting all our time and effort. I'll know better (I keep saying that ) next time. " This had nothing to do with not getting the answer I wanted.)JS

I'm not planning on going to Bham but I
wouldn't be interested in meeting you
even if I was. I'd be too busy helping
people.
Well Howard, thats sad. I for one am willing to admit my mistakes and apologize for them. As well I'm mature enough to work out misunderstandings and go forward. I'm sure you're a great guy and an asset to this hobby. Well...so am I...new to heli's though...but I WILL someday stand with the Pro's and assist the newbies. THANK YOU HOWARD FOR YOUR HELP IN THIS THREAD! I still hope to meet you someday and put this misunderstanding behind us. If your choice is to reject my sincere offer, then indeed you, Sir, are free to roam. And I don't mean 'go somewhere else'. I mean you are free to 'come and go as you please'. I am truly sorry for reacting to your post in such a manner that irritated you so, but your post irritated me as well. Let's be friends here! I'm over it!

Sincerely,

Jim
Old 03-05-2002, 10:09 PM
TotlKaos

I see this thread has more than run its course.
I will be closing this tonight.
I'm not Standing by anyone or protecting anyone..
Just think that this discussion has gone far enough.

Thanks
Russ
Old 03-05-2002, 10:16 PM
Scotty740

I agree Russ. It's gotten way off the topic. If any of you want to continue please Email one anouther.

good luck and happy flying.
Old 03-06-2002, 05:44 PM
MitchD
Banned

due to the emails i got requesting that this thread be re opened
ill re open it.please try to refrain from personal issue debates as this was why the post about "fury vs quick 60" was closed.
again its being re opened because the discussions about helis and distributors and comparison are indeed valid.
Old 03-07-2002, 01:30 PM
Joss Stick
My Feedback: (1)

I'm one of the ARF guys from that thread and I'm not standing in line for anything from these guys. I do have a question for Irwin if that's ok. If not, just delete this post and I'll understand. It's not a problem.... Mr. Irwin, you said "....I love what I do & the products we make .." Exactly what products do you make? I have read about some of them in this thread and was not surprised at the comments.
Old 03-07-2002, 04:12 PM
3DRC
My Feedback: (3)

This has been a very interesting thread. It is particularly interesting due to the fact that Irwin and one of his staff have visited and given input. It seems that most of the group has been civil for the most part, though a few small detours have been made.

I do have a question for HHI and mostly I would like for Irwin to respond....

As a business person that opporates in a nitch market, what would you share with us about your observations in regard to the reputation that your business has? I run a 30 million retail sales company and my reputation is critical to my day to day opporations. I would be turning my company inside out if I found out that the market had a negative view of my business practices. I have been involved with RC for several years and I have heard very little bad about your helicopter products. They seem to be competent as far as the helicopters go but most of the rhetoric comes from your customer service. The Giant Scale Planes seem to have more issues that are product related but most ARFs seem to have issues and your prices are cheap. But again the frustration comes from the service and the lack of willingness to stand behind the product or rectify mistakes.

My intent is not to start a flame hear. These threads have run for years on all of the boards to a point that most administrators close or delete them because they get out of hand. I would hope that you would take the time to address these concerns in a way that it may waylay these topics in the future. If you are satisfied with your business let us know.

PLEASE DO NOT JUMP IN THIS WITH OPINION! Give Irwin a chance to respond and KEEP THIS IN LINE!

NO FLAMES!!!!!!!!!

Bean
Old 03-07-2002, 07:25 PM
gjsinke

I too have a question for HHI. The Quick 60 Pro in question on this thread, has been determined to have some, shall I say, less than high quality, bearings in it. I'm sure even high quality production runs can have their percentage of defects, they just seemed to migrate into this bird? Indeed I purchased this used from a gentleman that walked into your store and bought it approximately three months ago and he claims there are only four hovers on this craft. I believe him as it is extremely clean. Will HHI stand behind your 'high quality bearings' claim and replace them for me under a warrantable consideration?

Please advise.

Jim
Old 03-10-2002, 04:14 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, gentleman; it would seem you have your answer.

Or non-answer, as it were...<G>

Steve
Old 03-10-2002, 04:22 PM
JonYuhas

Guys,

I should probably tell you that Irwin is in Japan for the next two weeks, so he probably isn't monitering RCU.

-Jon Yuhas
Old 03-11-2002, 12:11 AM
gjsinke

Jon,

My question was directed to HHI. What difference does it make where Irwin is? Can you not quote company policy without Irwin's permission? Do you have good quality bearings available and will replace them for me?

Jim
Old 03-11-2002, 01:43 PM
JonYuhas

Jim,

We do have good quality Japanese bearings available. As for them being under warranty, we can’t replace bearings from a flown helicopter that was purchased got used. Even a company like Boca bearings doesn’t replace bearings after use.

Jon Yuhas
Quick Worldwide
Old 03-11-2002, 02:34 PM
DavidH

Boca will replace bearings that are defective. I would think 4 or 5 flights and the bearings are bad that they are defective, used or not. I have had Boca Bearings replace bearings I got from them that failed quickly, no questions asked just sent them the defective bearings and they sent me new replacement ones.
Been there done that.

David
Old 03-11-2002, 03:13 PM
JonYuhas

David,

I really don't want to get into a big thing here. I called Boca this morning just to make sure I was correct in my statement. I don't know what they did for you. I also don't know how this heli was assembled. The guy could have damaged it on assembly.

-Jon
Old 03-11-2002, 04:17 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

typical of any deal with hhi, everything and anything is your fault, they never do anything wrong, or make any mistakes<G>.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:20 PM
gwright

and you forgot Mongo,..they never copy anyone else's products,.. they always thought of them first,..even if they don't make it till about 3 years after the other guy, they still did it first in their minds <G>

Originally posted by mongo
typical of any deal with hhi, everything and anything is your fault, they never do anything wrong, or make any mistakes<G>.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:34 PM
DavidH

Jim,
I hope you got the answer you was looking for. This seems to be the way it is all the time. Like we all have said it has been this way for a long time.

David
Old 03-11-2002, 05:00 PM
3DRC
My Feedback: (3)

Default Yep

That seems to match my history too. No questions as to what is involved just dodge the problem.

Bean
Old 03-11-2002, 06:41 PM
gjsinke

I never really doubted all you guys. It just wasn't conceivable to me that a company with such a miserable reputation remains in business! Hell, in my business, I give things away when I KNOW my customers are wrong, but guess what, they're still MY CUSTOMERS! SO...I dangled one more carrot for them to possibly redeem themselves (?) or at minumum give them an opportunity to at least acknowledge they had the slightest sense of what customer presence/service/loyalty was all about. Well my baited carrot worked and they swallowed it hook, line and sinker. Now they'll have to choke on it knowing they continue to add to ever growing list of dissatisfied consumers spreading the word. Oh well...they obviously don't care...pure ignorance! BTW...I don't give a sh*t about the cost of the bearings...this was a test...I'll be contacting Boca.

Wow...what a thread! Thanks to all. Especially to HHI for showing their true colors. <G> (I had no idea what I was getting into...but...it's been fun)

Jim
Old 03-11-2002, 08:37 PM
JonYuhas

You guys are simply amazing. If I bought a used car from a friend and knew where they bought it, I wouldn't expect to be under the original owner's warrenty. As for contacting Boca, Toll Free: 1-800-332-3256, please feel free to call them I did. And you are right I don't care about the cost of the bearings either, it's the principle.

Sincerely,
Jon Yuhas
Quick Worldwide
Old 03-11-2002, 08:42 PM
DavidH

I just bought a used car and it is still under the original 50,000 mile or 48 month factory warranty. Already used the warranty to replace a door lock. So you really didn't use a good example.
The car I bought was a Dodge. There is still 42,000 miles on the warranty or three years.

David
Old 03-11-2002, 09:12 PM
theramman

Default I just have to.........

I have to admit I have a Quick .60 Pro, and I love the way it flys. I'm kind of a newbie, been in this for little over a year and still working with hovering. I have to say that the Quick has given me more confidence than my Raptor 30 has. (Obvious larger mass, more stable). Anyways, I acquired this bird back before it hit the market from a gentleman who did an article on it. I have been in R/C for about 16 yrs. now and fly planks, drive R/C trucks (nitro), drive boats and now fly helis. I have had to deal with various vendors/manufacturers on warranty issues and have found a wide breath of difference in the market on all levels concerning customer service. This post has become a point for HHI to provide a comfort level, and I, not having any bad dealings with them, would still like to see an offering of peace from HHI. I have been in the service business for roughly 18 yrs, and sometimes, no matter how wrong the customer is, you just know, giving a little will get you alot. I believe this to be one of those situations. Jon, I'm not dismissing your thoughts about incorrect installation, 2nd owner, or used bearings, been there done that, just think an olive branch is needed quite desperately here. I think that would be a step in the right direction.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:16 PM
gjsinke

Jon,

It's amazing to me that your company's warranty ends with the delivery to the customer because he/she MIGHT have mishandled it. That's it...found guilty without a trial...oh yeah that makes sense! Faulty parts, premature failure, benefit of the doubt and customer satisfaction are not a consideration? I once bought a starter from my LHS. I dropped it and cracked the housing. I took it back and asked to buy another housing. The man handed me a new starter, NO CHARGE, and THANKED ME FOR MY BUSINESS. Your PRINCIPLES need serious reform!

Jim
Old 03-11-2002, 09:27 PM
beavis242-RCU

Default hhi has terrible service for sure

I guess my header says it all. They are rude on the phone when you call and service is slow and the back order thing does happen with no notice. Not to bash and trash I think thier quick parts are great for low cost parts to stock up on and have on hand, but they need a little help with customer service . My local hobby store tried to set up a dealership and they were so rude he told me he would not deal with them.

Nice parts bad service === no buy
Old 03-11-2002, 10:40 PM
JonYuhas

If this was a first owner, I would have no problem replacing the bearing. As recently as this past saturday, we had a customer come in with a quick 60 swashplate. We included 3mm pivot balls instead of two 2mm, so he tried to tap them himself to 3mm. Well he screwed it up. We replaced the outer swashplate ring no charge. If this was a manufacturing defect or our screw up we would have no problem replacing the item in question, but it is not, this is someone who has a used helicopter with an unknown number of flights on it. I'm sorry that our policy isn't replace anything no matter what has happened or how long it is owned. As for an olive branch, he said that in fact this was just a test in the first place, no bearing is going to fix this.

As for customer service in general, I wish the people with good experience would say something. We have had people in the past send whole helis back, clutch assemblies, motor stacks and we looked at them, gave our opinion, and when need be fixed what needed it.

Also, I am not a total idiot I could see the path I was headed down, that is why I only stated policy. If anyone had a real problem they would call or email directly, as a public forum is hardly the place to get a real problem resolved.

Sincerely,
Jon Yuhas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.