Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

SC36 versus OS37

Old 08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
chopper cook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC36 versus OS37

Hi to you all, I would like some info on the SC36 engine as I have a Raptor 30 and was thinking of putting a larger engine in it. I was trying to compare the SC36 against the OS37, as the SC36 engine is nearly half the price of the OS37. Any comments on this would be gratefully received.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
jez33

Default RE: SC36 versus OS37

it been ages since ive looked at this forum,,ive got other hobbies now ( speed boating ) lol
over the sc engine i would go for the os 37 as its a fantastic and powerful engine and also reliable.well ive not heard of major problems with it yet from my end of the heli world .

the sc as far as i know is ok but just not full of excitement as regards power.. if you wanted an engine thats verly similar in every way to the os 37 ( except looks ) but still aint that expensive then get the irvine 39 (not the 36 mind ) it is a great motor and the power it gives is as good as the 37 in my opinion. it is only perhaps a bit less forgiving with tuning but if you can tune a heli well then the irvine will be well recomended by me too.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:05 AM
hitman45

I am currently running an SC .36 in my Caliber .30

The power of the SC is very reasonable and for the price, you cant go wrong. Starts everytime and idles perfectly (could idle all day). In terms of tuning, theres only one main needle you have to worry about and once tuned, this little puppy will give you a whole hassle free day of running. Seems to be good on fuel too. Im yet to have any hassle with the SC engine.

If you have seen the SC engine is person, you will notice is a dead-rip-off of the OS engines. Even the "SC" logo has the same font and layout of the "OS" logo. I think its just a copy cat and just sold for half the money. Not too sure about the OS .37 but I can gurantee you wont have any problems with OS stuff. Been running their engines in all my planes and I dont have a problem with them, so I wouldnt see any difference with the OS heli engines.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:33 AM
USMC2111

Go with the OS37. The OS37 is probably the most powerful 30 size heli engine on the market, super reliable, widely recognized, and there are tons of people on this forum that will back that up. You may save some money on the SC engine, and it may run fine for a while, but it is not a very popular engine for a reason. If you get it, you may end up buying another engine before too long. So why not just go ahead and spend a little extra money now so that you know you are getting something worth your dollar.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:46 AM
chopper cook

Thanks guys, I think your comments has made-up my mind, I will go for the OS37,
in the long run it may pay for its self. Once agane thanks to you all & happy flying.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:12 PM
HeliTB

If you haven't made up your mind. Here's my .02 cents, get the OS .37. Why? Install, fuel and go fly. No tuning problems.