Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Futaba 6EX owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:01 AM
cactus hopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6EX owners

Would one of you please PM me? I have some questions that are just toooo stupid to ask on a public forum.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:33 AM
tippy

Default RE: Futaba 6EX owners

ORIGINAL: cactus hopper

Would one of you please PM me? I have some questions that are just toooo stupid to ask on a public forum.
The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked ...

Come on ... you can tell us ... what's the problem?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:52 AM
TheBum

I agree. Just about everybody has had one of those "duh" moments, so why should you be any different?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:50 PM
rc-jj

i just got one of those radios and i really could use ALL info offered - i am reading thru the manual and am L-O-S-T! ... i am going to finish going thru it then ask a lot questions - sure they wont be stupid! ...what they will be is pure dumb and retarded!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:16 PM
cactus hopper

ok, you guys need a good laugh huh.
I HAVE read the manual. It tells you specifically how, when and how long to charge the battery in the transmitter. There is no mention of charging the battery in the receiver, but the charger has a plug for charging it. Is there even a battery in the receiver. If you put it in a nitro plane instead of a heli how does it get it's power? Also in the manual it cautions not to connect the receiver to a "dry" battery, Does that mean not to plug it into like an 11.1 volt LiPo? I'm assuming so considering that it has a power requirement of between 4.8 and 6 volts.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:37 PM
rc-jj

Cactus hopper if thought you were the dumbest person in the world i do have some bad news for you! ...that title has been RE-claimed by me ... i dunno the answer to your question and i sitting anxiously waiting for one of the gurus to chip in here ... i (truthfully) am really still learning and this radio is a whole new territory for me ..... good questions bud.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:04 PM
kenhiraihnl

i'll give it a shot...I have a 6ex2.4, and here's the radio specs...

"INCLUDES: Futaba 6EX Transmitter NT8F600B 9.6V 600mAh Transmitter Battery FUTM1440 FBC-19B(4) Battery Charger FUTM1830 R606FS Receiver FUTL7635 Switch Harness-J Style Connector FUTM4350 Neck Strap

REQUIRES: Servos and receiver battery depending on type of aircraft"

In the good ole days, most radio sets used to include a 500 mah 4-cell nicad receiver pack...i guess the manufacturers are leaving them out to lower the cost--especially because a lot of us use nimh or lipo to power our receivers anyway...hope that helps...ken

EDIT: oh, about 'dry' battery warning...i think they're referring to alkaline batteries, which have a nominal voltage of 1.5 volts per cell, whereas nicad or nimh are 1.2 volts per cell...if you use a lipo receiver pack (3.7 volts per cell), make sure you use a regulator to lower the voltage to the receiver/servo specs...
Old 12-18-2007, 03:46 PM
cactus hopper

That's what I remember, the good old days. Alrighty then. I guess I missed that part in the manual. Thanks Ken. When I check the voltage coming out of the tx jack on the charger I get a voltage, when I check it from the receiver charging jack I get nada. Also when checked with an ohmmeter there is no continuity from the end that connects to the charger to either of the other two plugs, I tried it with the switch on the harness both ways. I'm no electrician but shouldn't there be?

If I plug the switch into the rx charging jack and then plug the other connection into the receiver can I use that to set up and adjust the servos and check everything out without a motor and ESC in the heli?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:10 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

No you do not want to try to power the reciever with the charger.

In an electric model you get power from the speed controller through the throttle channel hookup so there's no need for a reciever battery. During set up most of the time I take a spare 4 cell reciever battery and just plug it into an open servo slot to program the servos and set up the mechanics.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:46 PM
kenhiraihnl

hi cactus...if your charger (wall wart) is working, it has led's that will glow when you connect the transmitter and/or a receiver pack...fwiw, i checked the charger voltage output on the receiver side of my wall wart...it's about 5.95 volts (no load, so the led doesn't come on.) btw, what kind of rc model are you going to fly with your 6ex? and speaking of manuals, some of them are very confusing...once while reading one, i had a panic attack, thinking that i was losing my mind...i considered calling 911, but as soon as i put the manual down, i was ok...lol...just kidding...ken
Old 12-18-2007, 04:54 PM
cactus hopper

I'm putting it in a Thunder Tiger E325 Mini Titan, I bought the kit and I've got a few questions about that also lol.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Druss

have you had all your questions answered?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:09 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Ask away, though you are going to hate setting up that radio as it has no sub trims.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=932
Old 12-18-2007, 05:36 PM
cactus hopper

I don't need no stinking sub trims, whatever they are.

Druss......I haven't even asked them all yet. Hey..... I tried to order a Hurricane 550 from Advantage Hobby yesterday and I got an email back that said they weren't going to stock it any longer, I wonder why.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Druss

that's weird... i was planning on getting mine from flying-hobby, i know ka-planes is planning on bringing in the cf pro version but they haven't yet and i don't want to wait that long. helidirect has the stock version but I think they're sold out.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:31 PM
paulaballa

mine has glitches in programing mode.I will go to what i want to set and it wont let me Sometimes,I have had to wait on the screen i want to change for like 10 min then all of a sudden it will let me change it.Its really annoying
Old 12-23-2007, 07:18 PM
rc-jj

o.k guys my turn now - i have read thru the manual and am pleased to sat now i am even MORE confused!

I have a 6EXH for a copter i just got ... before this i had a Blade CX2 and a HBKingII .... so simply got the bird ready, tweaked and checked after putting in batteries. Now i have this "much better radio and i dunno what to do with it [sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 12-23-2007, 07:22 PM
rc-jj

sorry guys hit the send before i finished my email - how do i program it to fly with my heli (HBKingII) .. i dunno what all those terms mean or what to do with the (excuse for a) manual. How i program it? ... how do i learn about all the little gadgets and what they do. Is there a video for THIS radio???? ......HELLLLLLP!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:58 PM
james199

i don't know but RC heli magazine had a great article in there on how to setup your radio it may be on there website check here
http://www.rchelimag.com/index.php and see.