Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

RCU Shipping Policy

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:33 AM
dspadler
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU Shipping Policy

Does RCU have any kind of shipping policy? Ive looked thru all the sites and cant find anything that states how long a seller has to ship an item. On the sellers ad it states how long you have to pay for an item but nothing binding the seller to shipping. I bought an item 6 days ago from an individual and all he says is that he hasnt packed the item yet but he will keep me posted. When I know Im going to sell a item on RCU, Ebay, Craigs list or what ever I have the item packed and weighed so that I can have an idea of what the shipping is going to be and that the item is ready to go out when I recieve my money. Yes I am an impatient person but I expect courtesy in return for my promtness. The person was paid by PayPal within minutes of the transaction so what the heck is the problem when you know that you have something that you are going to sell and not having it ready for shippment. He sorta fills he got stuck on the shipping I think......duuu!! If it isnt packed and you havent weighed it then what do you expect with shipping charges going up almost daily. I just dont understand some people!!!! IS THERE A SHIPPING POLICY FOR A SELLER?
Thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: RCU Shipping Policy

I notified the Marketplace admin to get in touch with you. There is a dispute resolution process.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:38 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dspadler

Does RCU have any kind of shipping policy? Ive looked thru all the sites and cant find anything that states how long a seller has to ship an item. On the sellers ad it states how long you have to pay for an item but nothing binding the seller to shipping. I bought an item 6 days ago from an individual and all he says is that he hasnt packed the item yet but he will keep me posted. When I know Im going to sell a item on RCU, Ebay, Craigs list or what ever I have the item packed and weighed so that I can have an idea of what the shipping is going to be and that the item is ready to go out when I recieve my money. Yes I am an impatient person but I expect courtesy in return for my promtness. The person was paid by PayPal within minutes of the transaction so what the heck is the problem when you know that you have something that you are going to sell and not having it ready for shippment. He sorta fills he got stuck on the shipping I think......duuu!! If it isnt packed and you havent weighed it then what do you expect with shipping charges going up almost daily. I just dont understand some people!!!! IS THERE A SHIPPING POLICY FOR A SELLER?
Thanks

We do our very best to leave all transaction details between the buyer and seller. With that, RCUniverse does not have a rule or policy stating how long a seller has to ship an item. That is something the buyer must work out with the seller and hold them to. You may want to consider taking the following action. Or, you may not. Again, this is up to you and the seller. You may want ask the seller when, make him provide you a date, the item will be shipped. Let him know that if he does not provide you with a tracking number by that date you will expect a refund to be immediately issued. Explain that you paid promptly and expected prompt shipment. If he is not able to comply, then he should refund your money. If he does not provide a tracking number, nor does he provide a refund, you may want to consider filing a complaint with Paypal as well as file a fraud report on this site. You can find the link to that form at the bottom of the Ratings & Security page in the marketplace.

I hope everything works out for the best.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:05 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I generally ship the next day after receiving PayPal payments, cashiers checks, or money orders and 10 business days for personal checks but I value my feedback rating. Some people just don't think that way. You could always cancel you PayPal payment and tell him to just keep it... that will motivate him next time... then go to the market and buy mine

EDIT// Heck you only live about 50-60 miles from me, I'll give you a good deal if I don't have to ship it
Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 PM
jrrycline
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO TRACK A PACKAGE BEING MAIL VIA RCU?
Old 01-29-2010, 01:43 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Packages are not shipped via RCUniverse. We are a discussion forum with a marketplace for members to buy, sell and trade items to other members.

You need to contact the seller of the item you have purchased or traded for and ask them which delivery service they have used, such as UPS, FedEx, US Postal, etc., and ask them for a tracking number. Once you have that, then you can track it through the shipping company's website.