Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

help setup my nexus

Old 09-29-2002, 07:37 PM
billkater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help setup my nexus

I bought a used Nexus 30. I have installed new main blades and some of the ball links and arms. What I need to know is how to set the pitch of the mains and tail. Also how to set up the gyro. I think I got everything else figured out.

I have a heli max pitch gauge and a heli max gyro. I am using a rd6000 radio with a futaba rx.

thanks bill
Old 10-01-2002, 05:41 AM
tisrich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nexus setup

The tail control lever should be lined up exactly with the tail case mounting lug. It will be at a right angle to the boom. This will give the tail rotor the correct pitch for hovering. Also make sure tis adjustment is made with the rudder servo control arm pointing straight up (90 degrees to horizontal. The Tx stick should be at neutral along with the trim tab when you do this.
To get the main rotor pitch pop off the control arm at the pitch servo and make sure the the Tx stick is at midstick. Move the pitch control rod until you see around 5.5 degrees pitch using the pitch guage. Once you get it put the arm back on the servo so it is pointing straight up. You have to have equal movement of this servo arm.
A good source of nexus related info is a www.heliguy.com
Check the forum and look though the forum archives for a lot of valuable info.
Don't know about the Helimax gyro or your Tx.