Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

good deal? For a trex600?

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

good deal? For a trex600?

Old 07-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good deal? For a trex600?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:SCO:US:1120

thanks alot for you alls help as this will be my first heli
Old 07-02-2008, 01:02 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts
Default RE: good deal? For a trex600?

I wouldn't buy it. You have to figure in the 90 dollar shipping cost, and the fact that if the motor goes bad, OS won't warranty it in the states.

How much is the same thing from Heliproz or someone in the US?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

i dont know about heli pros but i know that the kit i found for 350 at an online dealer...and the lhs has just the kit for 399.. .the motor is a standard 199 to 209 everywhere....

I considered the shipping but 400 bucks for it all sounds real good but i understand cheaper is not always better.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:24 PM
rcflyer1970
My Feedback: (212)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the feedback on the seller, I had a few problems with HK sellers, never received the item and I hadn't checked far enough back in feedback, there were others that never received the items. I have ordered from Cyberheli Hong Kong and never had a problem. captb
Old 07-05-2008, 07:49 PM
gamalierlozada

Hello:

I was looking for a good T Rex 600 Nitro and found this one! Check it out and feel free to contact them if you want any changes. This kit will include Basic Heli Kit, OS Hyper Engine, Muffler, CF/GF blades, Futaba 401 Gyro and even Spektrum DX 7 for $1,149.00. If you want to change the heli kit for a T Rex Nitro Pro add an extra $180 to the price. I have check Heli Proz, RC Hover and Heli Direct and none have come close to this kit in features offered for that price.

http://helihobby.com/html/nitro_trex_helicopter.html

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42428.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	984635  
Old 07-06-2008, 03:36 AM
legine

nitro trex 600 for first heli, I hope you are getting professional help/assistance when you start.

Thanks, daniel
Old 07-09-2008, 01:18 PM
redvtr1000

helihobby does have some pretty good deals. I've been buying there on and off for the last year or so with no real complaints. They can be a bit slower when it comes to shipping than some of the others but still worth it for some of the savings.

used isn't a bad way to go and you might want to think about that option, some of the best deals can be had if you join a club and meet some members or spend some time on the forums. Also a good way to get help as a beginner. I just bought a brand new pro 600n from a club member for 700 bucks. It was rx ready, 3 x 9252s on the cyclic, 9254 and gy 401 on the tail, brand new ys50, 2000mah nimh pack, sab carbons, whole thing had maybe a gallon on it. Love the way it flies....feels much lighter and snappier out of the box than the Raptor Titan I've been flying.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:50 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

hey guys thanks for the reply...yes I was told from someone at a local airfield that it was not to difficult to start learning on a .50 size heli. i mean granted I do know how to tune the nitro motors as i have been in the cars for a very long time. I did own an electric a small one and it was super unstable i didn't like the way it handled but it was cheap.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:54 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

Hey gamalierlozada
thanks alot for the link i had seen that before to and thought the same thing because it seemed like such a good deal. does anyone know how much you save with going with that kit in regards to buying them all separate.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:01 PM
BarracudaHockey

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

ORIGINAL: Igotntc3andrevo

hey guys thanks for the reply...yes I was told from someone at a local airfield that it was not to difficult to start learning on a .50 size heli. i mean granted I do know how to tune the nitro motors as i have been in the cars for a very long time. I did own an electric a small one and it was super unstable i didn't like the way it handled but it was cheap.

Just so you're aware, tuning a heli engine is different than car or airplane motors. I've heard the "i know how to tune a nitro" followed by "why did I burn up my engine" more times than I can count.

Be careful, start rich, listen to the engine and don't let the back plate get too hot to touch. If you can't hold your finger on the backplate for atleast 5 seconds immediately after you land, you're running too lean.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

Yeah i have done some research about tuning them and yes i did hear about placing the finger on the back plate to test for temps.....Running rich is no problem because i run the car motors the same thanks for the tips tho.