Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

kinetic 50

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:34 PM
carlos6501

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kinetic 50

Hi people.!
i plan to buy a kinetic 50 nitro heli .i am not too experienced.but thsy look good and quite cheap.
i have 2 helis of e-sky (cp and king2).
well what is the opinion of this kinetic 50? .i never try gas helis before.. somthing i have to have in mind.i guess those helis are more stronger.and more careful i must be with nitro motor forces.but somthing else important i must have in mind

"let the birds fly up on the skyes"
Old 09-11-2008, 03:22 PM
MaxAdventure
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: kinetic 50

I looked into the Kinetic 50 when I was looking to upgrade last December. I think a .50 class /600mm size heli is great. Pretty good size for visibility, wind tolerance, wow factor and still pretty affordable to build and maintain.

That said, I've had several HeliMax products that while they were pretty good entry level play things, when I wanted to get serious the quality just wasn't there. I've read the Kinetic quality is better than say the MX400, but looking over the design I rejected it for the Audacity Pantera. One big deciding factor is I'd rather replace a boom and reuse or worse case replace a belt, than replace a boom and a torque tube. In general, I'd say the Pantera is much better engineered especially for someone just starting with a nitro machine. There are other great heli's out there, but I don't think you can beat the value and low start up cost of the Pantera.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:24 AM
syclic

Default RE: kinetic 50

The Kinetic 50 is made for Helimax by Century and is much of a 50 sized version of their 30 sized Hawk Pro. You will find the Kinetic 50 to be a great entry level 50 size heli at its' price.

If you don't mind spending a bit more you will find Century's own 50 (the Raven 50) at only $299, to be a big step above, as it is more of a smaller versipn of their big 90 size Predator then a bigger version of their 30 sized Hawk. Therefore you would find that the Raven can hold its' own against some of the best 50's on the market today, and many of these will cost more then twice the price.

It has a smaller version of the Predator head, the same swashplate as the Predatopr, the same stainless steel torque tube drive system as the Predator, the same super precise tail rotor as the big Predator etc. and it comes with some very good composite 600mm mainblades instead of woodies supplied in the the Kinetic 50 kit.