Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Heli-Max Axe EZ EP Mini.... still on the fence... *a short rant*

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Heli-Max Axe EZ EP Mini.... still on the fence... *a short rant*

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Stalefish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli-Max Axe EZ EP Mini.... still on the fence... *a short rant*

So Santa decided to get me a Heli-Max Axe EZ EP Mini this year instead of the Traxxas Rustler VXL I asked my wife... er... Santa for. Initally it peaked my intrest and thought it would be a cool deviation from cars and buggies. So after tearing into the box, and keeping with my staunch American upbringing, I toss the instructions and learner DVD aside and begin to assemble the few parts requiring assembly. 6-8 minutes later, I'm out in the backyard ready for flight. I throtte up... wobble a bit... hover about 2 feet of the ground... slowly elevate... and at about 6' WOOSH!!! off it goes, over thew fence, crashing into the desert on the other side. Apparently wind has some sort of effect on these devices. After retieving the heli, the top inner rotor shaft that holds the counter weights in place is busted. No more flying for me. The nextday I trek into town to my local hobbytown usa and get the replacement parts. I get back home, exchange broke for new and this time I take it easy. I learn to hover. I learn to control my directional movements. I get comfortable. Too comfortable. This time I decide to eliminate the irritating effect of wind and fly indoors, in my garage. I get overzealous and fly up into the garage door brackets shattering all kinds of crap. It falls to the concrete. Again the inner rotor shaft breaks along with three other parts. No more flying for me.

At this point I decide to research online for alluminum parts for ths thing, to which there are few and none for the inner rotor shaft of course. Now I'm in a position to either post the damn thing on Craigslist or trade up for a Rustler.

Being such a noob to helis, I ask the veteran members: any advice?

Thanks for the read.

Jay-
Old 01-07-2009, 01:39 AM
jcervantes11
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Heli-Max Axe EZ EP Mini.... still on the fence... *a short rant*

Take it easy on it. Learn first to hover, it will be a piece of cake. Then once u can do that then get the side of the heli face u, then hover that. Then do the other side hover that. Once u know it all then turn around it and let the nose face u and hover that. Once u can do all that get you're self a Helipro Black hawk 450 from ka planes. http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2806 and its less then 300, and you can able to learn to fly it and do some 3d. First movie is the offical, rest is mine. I even have the helipro black hawk 500 ep and gp. Gp is nitro powered heli, very nice. And second is brushless and easy to see too. Its under 300 too. Just take it easy and buy some spare parts for ur heli.

OH AND TRIM UR AXE EZ EP!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpAiC...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDshd...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov_bN...e=channel_page
Old 01-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Stalefish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli-Max Axe EZ EP Mini.... still on the fence... *a short rant*

Trim it? How do you mean??