Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

e-flite blade cx2

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 PM
eflitenewbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-flite blade cx2

hi all,newbie here, jus bought a e-flite bladecx2 an love it, i was wondering if anyone out there that knows how to set the trim controls, it hovers but turns in circles alot, could someone show me like with a pic how to set the trim controls...
Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Bugzilla

Default RE: e-flite blade cx2

The trim control for that is the left/right slider under the throttle/rudder stick. When you push the throttle/rudder stick to the right, the nose of the heli rotates right, correct? If so, the slider needs to go in the opposite direction of the rotation, i.e. if it rotates to the right on it's own, the slider should go left untill the rotation stops. You will have to adjust the slider several times over the course of flying from a full battery to an empty one. If you have to go from one extreme side to the other with the slider and it still won't stop, there is an adjustment on the heli itself I believe to fix that, but I am not sure what it is. I don't own one so maybe someone that does can tell you what it is. Hope this helps.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:26 PM
glw

Center all the transmitter controls. If the nose yaws left or right then you should adjust the Main Motor Proportional Mix Trimmer Pot as describer on P.32 of the User Guide. When making the adjutment you need to power down the 4-in-1 unit before making the adjustments or it will not take effect. Also, make sure the squash plate has not seperated, if so use some needle nose pliers and lightly squeeze it back into place.
Also make sure the upper and lower blades all have the same mold number. i.e. A4 for upper and B2 for lower. If you have seperate series of numbers then problems will occur since the different series have different weights.
If the nose just spins in circles in a hover and the trim doest correct it-using a frestly charged battery-then just follow the instructions of page 32 and 33. When the battery becomes weak addtional trim is necessary. See Rudder trim location on p.21
Hope this is some help.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Steve Joblin

When you say "it goes in circles", do you mean TBE? TBE (or Toilet Bowl Effect) is when your heli goes around like it is being flushed down a toilet. TBE is usually caused by upper blade tracking being off... there is a section that describes it in the manual. If it still is happening, check for blade balance and/or warped blades. You can find all the info you need to resolve this here > [link]http://www.heli-wiki.com/mediawiki/index.php/HOWTO_Wiki_Overall_CX_and_CX2_Setup[/link]
Old 05-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Glenn E

Can anyone tell me if both the upper and lower blades should both start at the same time, or should one start before the other.  On mine, the lower starts first and after getting up to speed the top blades will start.   I have seen on some demo tapes where the upper blades starts first and then the lower blade will start. or does it even make any difference.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:22 AM
jlvr51

Stated earlier: "adjust the Main Motor Proportional Mix Trimmer Pot as describer on P.32 of the User Guide."
you want both upper & lower blades to begin rotating as close to sync as possible. you may not get it dead on, but then your sub-trim tabs on your transmitter won't be sliding to either extreme left/right after setting your proportional ... again, do this with a freshly charged battery for best results

Happy flying!!!