Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Flight Sim very amusing, and great!

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Flight Sim very amusing, and great!

Old 02-27-2009, 05:20 PM
carnate617
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight Sim very amusing, and great!

I can't believe how much fun the G4.5 Simulator is. (not pushing the brand) It's really nice that when I crash, I can laugh. Beats swearing and spending money thats really hard to find these days. If these were real crashes, I just spent ~$200 on parts and many hours on the bench. Sure if will happen with the heli, but this traing is just plain fun.

Also seems I'm a better plane pilot.

Thanks to the people who suggested buying a flight simulator.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Bugzilla

Default RE: Flight Sim very amusing, and great!

Planes are WAY easier than helis. As far as the reset button, remember, your heli doesn't have one. Every time you spool up in the sim, think of it like you are spooling the real thing and it will cost time and money if you dork it. To much of crash/laugh/reset/do it again is liable to have you reaching for a reset button when your real heli gets away from you. Keep that mindset and you'll be OK. As for effective training, use the smallest single rotor heli available in the sim, set some wind with rapid windspeed changes, and crank the sim speed up to about 110-112 percent. Should be able to do all this through the main menu under options. Get good like that and any thing real will be a snap.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:42 AM
dude7422

hello carnate &bugzilla best fling game i have ever found is air force delta wing for xbox is a video game not a sim
Old 03-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Bugzilla

I never said it was a game. In fact, I'm pretty sure the instructions I gave are how to treat it like a sim, and not a game.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Straick

I tried one out at a LHS earlier this week, and boy was it enlightening. I used to fly inverted, but stopped due to money. Got on it and tried some flips, and they went good, so I tried some inverted and it also went well. Then one of the employees told me to stop showing off(he was joking). All that's stopping me from getting one is the 200 dollar price tag. Any time you are using a simulator, you should take it serious. It's purpose is to help you become a better pilot without wrecking several aircraft in the process.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
carnate617
My Feedback: (2)

the SIM is tough. Hovering is not easy at all. I am very glad I am getting all the practice I can get. Worst part of it is my 10yr old is doing better than me.

I still laugh at all my crashes, but do take it seriously. I know crashes will happen, but I will do what I can to minimize the amount of 'em. (yeah right)

Thanks Bugzilla and Straik for the input. And dude7422, I was close to getting an Xbox but wife said 'NO'
Old 03-06-2009, 03:41 PM
groundparrot

You might find that your skills inprove faster if you put a jar next to the sim and place $1 in it everytime you have to use reset.