Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another T-Rex 600 NSP takes to the sky.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Another T-Rex 600 NSP takes to the sky.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:25 AM
RappyPilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another T-Rex 600 NSP takes to the sky.

Hi guys.

Here is my T-Rex 600 NSP. Maidened her last weekend :-)

What an awsome helicopter, love it to bits. Only change I decided to make was to add a header tank.

So, for the world to see ... Here is another T-Rex 600 NSP.

Marcel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98328.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1153625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11589.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1153626  
Old 03-09-2009, 04:02 AM
tjmackey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another T-Rex 600 NSP takes to the sky.

I had shuttles and a raptor before the Trex600n and ill never go back. The first flight of my trex made me realise why they call it a "craptor".The Trex600 is smooth an precise and i only have the sport edition, not the superpro. Have fun and enjoy. You should put onbord start like I did, saves waisting time at the field[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65216.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1153627  
Old 03-09-2009, 04:18 AM
RappyPilot

Well, I have owned a Raptor Titan 50 and the Raptor 90 3D. I only have good things to say about Raptors, specially if you are a beginner, but, a T-REX is in a different class all together.... Much quicker, lighter, more nimble, agile and much more high tech.

My LiPO balancer packed up the evening befor her maiden [:@] ... So I had to resort using a 2400MAh NiCD. And as a pre-maiden-hickup for the day my remote glow adaptor also did not work so I had to take off the canopy and use a glow driver before every flight. Very annoying to say the least.

But by next weekend my LiPO charger should be sorted and then I will swap out the NiCD for the LiPO and regulator/on board glow and also give the governor a run :-)

PS. Have been following your thread with that auto start ... very impressive indeed :-)
Old 03-09-2009, 05:05 AM
tjmackey

Raptors are sturdy machines good for learning and can take some abuse, however some things about the titan to me were anoying, like the starter 1way bearing colapsing, the autorotation bearing siezing, the upgrade tailbox bearinghousings fell apart, the stock wooden blades shed thier skin on the first flight despite the fact I took all of the precautions. and I bought the raptor new and I only flew about 15 tanks. Before the raptor I had a hirobo shuttle zxx and flew it over 60hours and the only thing I had to replace was 1 tailrotor shaft and the engine, and it is still flying now. I know some problems happen from time to time, and I guess we will see problems with the trex occure (hope not) but to me the raptor is a substandard aircraft.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:20 AM
RappyPilot

I will have to fly my T-Rex for some time before I can make any fair comparisons between the two. But I have never had problems with my titan apart from the tail rotor slider that came loose from the copper bushing on the tail rotor shaft (It was loktited on) and she insanely pirouetted out of control to an untimely death ... That was my first, only and last problem with that heli.

The only negative thing IMHO about a T-Rex is, why no header tank? On my third flight I landed and just before I cut the engine, the engine picked up and started screaming for a few seconds from running lean due to no fuel before shutting down .... So glad the heli was on the ground with pitch full negative to keep her on the ground. That was scary.

So I took my ill-fated Raptor's header tank (Just about the only thing that survived the crash) and attached it to my T-Rex. Now I should be able to have another minute or so flying time and not have to worry about that lean run from clunk no sucking in the last few drops of fuel from the main tank.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:47 AM
tjmackey

Yea I don't understand why no header tank, I read that the tank is supposedly a special design and doesn't need a header, I don't know about you but I can't see anything special about the tank. I used the header off my raptor too
Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 AM
freeair

what i like about useing a header tank is the header is allways totally full of fuel until the main tank is run dry, this guarantees the engine of good reliable runs without the chances of air bubbles in the fuel line .
to keep weight down i decided to fit a 2 oz header tank with a custom made alloy strap to fix it to the main tank, the same method used as the aftermarket header / strap units but alot cheaper [ $1 for the strap and $4 for the header tank ]
Old 03-10-2009, 12:54 AM
RappyPilot

I was sort of wondering how to attach the header tank to my heli.

I see a lot of people just strap it on to the tank with a bracket. Some even use double sided tape. But after having a look at what I had to attatch it to the heli, I just properly cleaned an roughened up the sides of both tanks and epoxied it on

I can still easily get to to the tubing to replace it. The main tank can still be removed, looks clean and is such a strong bond I can pick up my heli y the header tank and shake it ... no chance of it coming off.

Only draw back about permanently affixing the header to the main tank is if one of them should spring a leak I would have to replace both .... But luckily that wont be too expencive.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:27 AM
freeair

i wouldn,t recommend using epoxy to hold the header tank onto the main tank as the epoxy will let go before you know it. have a look around at the bracket used for this double tank set up and copy it , all you need is a small length of 1 inch by 1/8 inch aluminium which you bend to shape and fix it on with one small bolt to the top and one to the bottom of the carbonfibre side walls.