Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

COMPLETE BEGINNER – PLEASE ASSIST

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

COMPLETE BEGINNER – PLEASE ASSIST

Old 03-15-2009, 03:12 PM
premvijay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COMPLETE BEGINNER – PLEASE ASSIST

Dear Everybody i am a complete beginner to RC Hobbies and have procured myself a Walkera 22#E electric heli and one E-Sky Comanche Electric Helicopter. But every time I try flying them, things don’t work out fine and result is broken rotor etc. I have tried flying with the FMS software but that too is not very helpful as flying in the computer goes fine but when i try it on practically then hell breaks loose 
Could anyone please tell me the ideal settings required for the servos, rotors etc. Are there tools to check whether the Heli is in flying condition? Kindly assist
Old 03-15-2009, 04:12 PM
dude7422

Default RE: COMPLETE BEGINNER – PLEASE ASSIST

do your self a favor and read about rc heli before you buy more stuff
http://www.rchelimag.com/ ..<<<<start here
Old 03-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Bugzilla

Then google Finless Bob's setup videos, then google Radd's School of Rotary Flight, then take the sim you have and crank the sim speed to 110%, use the smallest cp heli in it, and set the gyro gain for it down to about 30%. Set about 5 mph of wind, and you have a close idea of what the real thing will fly like.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:05 PM
mediclavina

ORIGINAL: premvijay

Dear Everybody i am a complete beginner to RC Hobbies and have procured myself a Walkera 22#E electric heli and one E-Sky Comanche Electric Helicopter. But every time I try flying them, things don’t work out fine and result is broken rotor etc. I have tried flying with the FMS software but that too is not very helpful as flying in the computer goes fine but when i try it on practically then hell breaks loose 
Could anyone please tell me the ideal settings required for the servos, rotors etc. Are there tools to check whether the Heli is in flying condition? Kindly assist
Ouch!
That's the same heli I tried when I had zero heli experience. I feel the frustrations you are going through right now. [:@]
I suggest you try fixing your 22E later whenever you're ready for it, and just get a fixed-pitch heli that's fit for a beginner.
If you're not ready to spend money to get a different heli, the best thing you could do is find a cheap sim like ClearView.
What's your budget?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:28 PM
bikemad

your trying to run before you can walk, put the training gear on and keep it no more than an inch of the ground, find a smooth bit of concert and play for days, just try to hover,
one of the hardest bit's of heli flying for me was to stop thinking it would just click, it's hard and has a fix set of things to learn, in order and it took many crashes for me to buckle down,
so go slow and keep your heli as safe as possible and one inch is more than enough to learn with,
you will need to know your heli to put it right but I found my 60 was to fast mid stick so I slowed it down with the exponential function, about 25%, there's some good stuff on you-tube for setting up heli's,
it's hard for a newbe to set up a heli, you can do some but setting up the head needs a good hover and someone how knows how to fly, it's harder to fly when it's not right, if it's to far out and it wont fly at all,
As for the sim's they ant the same as real flying, if it was we wouldn't buy a heli, I have tort my self to fly with out a sim, I have played with sim's and think there a good idea but I can do all sorts of 3D tricks on a sim but out in the real world is a different story,
Good luck and remember it's a lot to learn and take's a long time and crashes are part of it, specially at the start, at lest parts for walkera's are cheap,