Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Pantera 50 Heli Stimulus-What a Deal Buy one get one 1/2 price

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Pantera 50 Heli Stimulus-What a Deal Buy one get one 1/2 price

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 04:07 PM
DSW
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pantera 50 Heli Stimulus-What a Deal Buy one get one 1/2 price

Check out this deal, buy one Pantera 50 for $199.99 and a 2nd Pantera for 1/2 price???

http://www.genesishobby.com/Products...1/Default.aspx

This is a great deal!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:05 AM
dude7422

Default RE: RC Heli Stimulus-What a Deal Buy one get one 1/2 price

ya what a deal how about you buy it and tell us if you like it in 12weeks if you can find parts
DSW aka discount shoe warehouse [8D] i looked over the parts price list the belt is 24.99
way over priced imo
Old 03-22-2009, 05:29 AM
DSW
My Feedback: (17)

Good thing about opinions, every one is allowed to have them!
If parts price are a concern, you would have an entire heli for parts for only $100.
Still a great deal! IMO.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:17 AM
MaxAdventure
My Feedback: (7)

In my opinion, the Pantera is a great deal at $299US.

Anyone looking to get into a 50 size who wants an inexpensive practice heli or wants a good flying machine to start with, the Pantera has some great features. I have one with an OS 50 and I love how it flys - I have another with an OS 70 (factory option mount/hub) and it's a powerhouse! The thing is designed to even take a 90 - talk about power to weight!!!

It's the best deal in it's class, then you throw this sale on? TWO for $300US???? schweeeet!!!!

$25 belt is expensive? after a quick heliproz search:

The old shuttle belt (cheap) is only $1 less
Raptor belt is on $1 less
Freya belt, same price
Sceadu belt, a whopping $2 less
Lepton belt - $27 - $2 more!

I've had a few serious crashes - never damaged a belt yet. The Pantera is very tough and can come back from a crash for less money than the others in the same class.

This is a seriously good sale!!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:05 AM
dude7422

Default RE: Pantera 50 Heli Stimulus-What a Deal Buy one get one 1/2 price

question for you how does the plastic frame hold up to the heat and nitro fuel i know its killer on
truck parts/ the lay out on heli looks like someone did sum thinking
Old 03-23-2009, 11:48 AM
MaxAdventure
My Feedback: (7)

The fiber reinforced engineering plastic frames are extremely tough - impervious to fuel and won't melt before your piston blows. There are a lot of great heli's using molded frames, have been for years - it's never been a problem and they handle abuse better, due to the ability to 'bounce back' after an impact. Aluminum, G10, and carbon can all suffer stress fractures that are very difficult to find - molded wont. A well designed frame can be as stiff as a stacked frame.

IMHO, it's better than any other entry heli - yet it's as precise as a good F3C machine. The only fault I can find with the Pantera molded frames is that they don't "look" like a pro-class heli. I'm more about a good flying machine/good value than looks.

I've never had a problem with melting/fuel on my LST2 or Savage (or any of the other nitro cars I've owned for the last 20 years) - what problems did you have?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:51 PM
jbeech

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone dropped me a note telling me about this discussion.

We've been in business since 1993, this is our second 50-class model helicopter. The Tiger 50 has been discontinued but I continue to support it. The Pantere 50 is in her second year, and we built into her what we learned from the Tiger plus ideas from our customers. Moreover, if you fly one and have some ideas for how we make her a better model, we want to hear about it. How does she fly? Well, I have a definite opinion of course, but if you ask our customers you're going to hear descriptions such as "flies like it's on rails", "easy to hover", "solid", "tracks well", "smooth", etc. Depending on how you tune her, she's a smooth for F3C type maneuvers, i.e. she rolls like a pattren airplane, or can be nimble and quick on cyclci if 3D is your thing. moreover, we offer three different dampers as well as variable Bell-Hiller mizes so tuning is quite easy.

As for the person who made the commments about our layout looking like a lot of thought went into it, you make a very astute observation because we spent an innordinate amount of time trying new layouts, looking at the competiton, etc. before settling on how we did it. Our design goals, in fact our engineering philosophy is to always minimize parts, simplify, and make it as light as possible . . . consistent with ensuring there is an inherent toughness about her. After all, what's the point of making it so light it breaks easily thereby costing both an arm and a leg to repair, and time from the family? Especially when the 50-class, by definition, is the beater for most modelers!

Meanwhile, being a hotrodder from way back I've always been of the opinion too much power is just about right. Consequently, as we worked to design the Pantera I wanted to address the concers of my customers living out west where density altitude is a serious issue (an engine at 6,000 feet makes perhaps 2/3-3/4 of the power of one operating at sea level simply because there's less oxygen in the air), so I wanted to make her capable of accepting up to a 91-class engine, e.g. to make up for it. Also, knowing when some is good, more is better is a pretty common when it comes to horsepower, which means folks in lower country would also want to shove a big block engine in her, we made her strong enough to survive at the full rated power of a 91 slurping 30% fuel By the way, I also had in mind there are loads of 61s and 70s laying around in drawers gathering dut r available really cheap since everybody switched to 91 engines, so you can piece together a machine for a surprisingly modest budget. Is she over built? Yes, in some ways she is, especially when you look at her bearings being 40$ larger than those of competing machines like Raptor, 600N, and Sceadu, plus a clutch big enough to harness a 91, and things like a 4mm flybar versus of 3mm to make for rocking 3D performance in the hands of folks able to handle it. How does she perform with a 91? how about climbing tick-tocks even if you're not an expert? Or incredible climb outs when you give her 16° of pitch, nail the collective, and she doesn't bog - not at all - you can even race bottle rockets! And since scale is my first love, I made sure her side frames are also able to accept 8 servos instead of the standard 5 so modelers would have more options for retracts, lighting, movable horizontal surfaces, etc. Moreover, all the linkages make 90° where the connect to the servos, and there's even a place for a mixture servo!

I also knew beginers and experts alike would pile them in. Quite often the engine keeps running and they subsequently dig a hole in the earth . . . what we call a chicken dance! This ruins motors like you wouldn't believe because they suck in all that dirt that's flying around. So I wnated an air filetr to protect the engine - like what's used on an 1/8 scale buggy. The problem is a heli uses a cooling shroud and we couldn't afford to block the cooling air with an ordinary snorkel, so we went to the lab and designed a snorkel with an airfoil shape (where it's inside the shorud) to minimize airflow disruption, and while we were at it, we made it large enough to handle a 91 class engine too. Added to it, we spent a lot of coputer design time with our cooling fan so it'can handle cooling duties with the big engines as well. All these work in your favor when using a regular 50 of course since it makes the model is tougher.

Anyway, with the economy in the toilet (we've been through more than one recession, and get through this one too), and what with everybody being careful, we saw an opportunity. Basically, we're running this sale to try and seed the market because what we've learned is the Pantera is her own best salesman, i.e. once one gets to a club and fellow pilots look her over, we gain converts. We just need to get the first onto a club. The trick is, how do we get those first few guys to take a chance? The answer is simple, e.g. we're gonna let it all hang out and hence, this super special offer, e.g. so folks can afford to take a chance on something new, which will give my Pantera a shot at earning not just your business, but that of your friends as well once they see her perform. The only difference is they'll pay more by waiting. We all know there are leaders and followers, and our customers by and large are not the wannabees who alwayts buy what the other guys buy. Our customers are typically the individualist. If this describes you, then eyeball the Pantera; you'll be impressed.

Also check out the videos we have on our website by clicking on the [Videos] tab, or download the instruction amnual by selecting the [Documents] tab (the link below stars you in the [Overview] tab. There are also magazine reviews [Articles] tab, and comparisons to other 50-class machines (so you can see how she matches up because we're not afraid). Finally, we're based in the Orlando area, and we may just be a bunch of redneck Southern boys, but we know a thing or two about making tough models, which fly really well, and are simple to maintain . . . and now they're a screaming deal too. You won't be disappointed.

Check out the Pantera 50 here . . . http://www.genesishobby.com/Products...1/Default.aspx

I own the comapny, this is my product, and if you have any questions feel free to give me a call and I'll make time for you. I can usually be found during business hours at 407-302-3361. Thanks for giving us a shot at earning your business.

John Beech - GM (and janitor)
AMA # 47381