Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Raptor 30 With Spartan Gyro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Raptor 30 With Spartan Gyro

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:43 AM
michaelpc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30 With Spartan Gyro

Hey guys I posted a post about the trex and the logitech gyro and i have changed my mind.... i am buying a Raptor 30 with spartan gyro... not sure about the servos the guy at the shop said they were they best so that i could move up to a 90 later.... also i bought some 149.99 servo and i was just wondering what everyone had to think about spartan gyros and the raptor 30 heli's. post whatever a, comments or tips on the heli for when i get it.... i also got a spektrum dx7 and a ar7000 receiver. Please post whatever!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:08 AM
joshseigler

Default RE: Raptor 30 With Spartan Gyro

i know you will be happy with the DX7 its a great radio the only thing you will need to do is buy a lipo tranmitter pack for it because the battery that comes with it doesnt last long at all
Old 03-24-2009, 03:35 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

http://www.raptortechnique.com has raptor setups for DX7 though I dont know if he's fooled with Spartan gyros.

Bit if an overkill for a 30 but the best servos for that are a 9256 or BLS251 with the gyro set to short pulse mode BEFORE hooking up the servo.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:31 PM
bikemad

I bought a spartan ds 760, I wanted to see what a good giro is like, my other heli has a walkera 11giro, I like the way it connects to my pc, so much easier that way but it was not my choice, it was the only way to get the giro to work, and it was not easy for me to get the program to work, I don't like how little gain I have to run,
but the hold is good, much much better than my other giro, you could go have a cup of coffee and the tail would still be at the same angle when you came back, it's much fast at correcting, so fast the tail doesn't move, rock soilded,
I don't know what the ds is like for 3d stunts but I'm pushing it more and more and it's worked brilliant so far,8 flights in on a new heli,