Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What 90 should I get, and why?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

What 90 should I get, and why?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Fudge
My Feedback: (104)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What 90 should I get, and why?

Hey guys I was looking to upgrading to a nitro heli and decided to get a 90 size so I won't have to upgrade later (is that a good idea in the first place or should I go with a 30 or 50 size first?)
Well I was looking at the T-rex 700 pro, Raptor 90 SE, and the Vibe 90 SG!
How do any feedback on these birds?
any other recommendations?
Anything to stay away from?
And if this matters, I just bought the Special edition DX7 heli radio!!
Well let me know what you think!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:25 PM
tadawson

Default RE: What 90 should I get, and why?

If you are considering the SG, then you should also consider the Hirobo Turbulence. From a quality and flight standpoint, it should absolutely destroy the Rex and Raptor, and be very competitive with the SG, if not better.

- Tim

ORIGINAL: Fudge

Hey guys I was looking to upgrading to a nitro heli and decided to get a 90 size so I won't have to upgrade later (is that a good idea in the first place or should I go with a 30 or 50 size first?)
Well I was looking at the T-rex 700 pro, Raptor 90 SE, and the Vibe 90 SG!
How do any feedback on these birds?
any other recommendations?
Anything to stay away from?
And if this matters, I just bought the Special edition DX7 heli radio!!
Well let me know what you think!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:50 PM
crazyflyier

Hey 90 size birds are great. I like the regular vibe 90. On heliproz they have the kit and os pump combo for just under a thousand. It has been around a while which suggests its a reliable machine. The vibe sg is sweet but you could half the stuff for the regular vibe for the price of the vibe sg kit
Old 06-04-2009, 08:23 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fudge what are you flying now, electric? 500, 600? If you are just flying a 400 stepping up to any .90 ia a big step and even getting a used one at a great price with the staring goodies would be a good idea. Any modern .90 helo is a good basic helo that will do what 99.9% of us do
Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Fudge

Well right now, I'm not flying anything. (I had to sell all my stuff when I went to college)
But I used to fly a blade 400, and t-rex 450 (just got the hovering thing down before I sold them)
Now I wanna get back in, and got a great deal on a Raptor 90 se, a few weeks back, but looks like Imay have to sell it.
So if any one wants one, looks for it on RCU soon.
I just don't have the funds to complete the bird right now, and buy a new Yamaha r1, so it's one or the other (and at the moment, I feel safer blowing my money on a bike)
ORIGINAL: evan-RCU

Fudge what are you flying now, electric? 500, 600? If you are just flying a 400 stepping up to any .90ia a bigstep and even getting a used one at a great price with the staring goodies would be a good idea. Any modern .90 helo is a good basic helo that will do what 99.9% of us do
Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Raptor 90 V2.  It flies great for my flying style. 

In my neck of the woods, (KS, OK, NE, MO) everybody that had Vigors, Stratus and other machines considered high performance ($$) are also buying or even replacing theirs with TRex 700s.  That alone should speak volumes for the bird.  At a recent fun fly, I only saw 1 Vibe, 1 Hirobo, and about 10 Trex 700.

Rafael

Old 06-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Fudge

It that is going on every where, but I got the Raptor 90 SE, looks nice, but I have not flown it yet, or maybe ever.
ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

I have a Raptor 90 V2. It flies great for my flying style.

In my neck of the woods, (KS, OK, NE, MO) everybody that had Vigors, Stratus and other machines considered high performance ($$) are also buying or even replacing theirs with TRex 700s. That alone should speak volumes for the bird. At a recent fun fly, I only saw 1 Vibe, 1 Hirobo, and about 10 Trex 700.

Rafael

Old 06-04-2009, 11:13 AM
evan-RCU

I'm not sure Iunderstand you. A few weeks ago you got a Raptor 90SE then you post you are looking for a 90 size helo and ask what you should get. And now that you havea 90 heloyou want to sell it for a R1. I don't understand your logic but Ihave a 90 size helo and a R1 among my toys....

So do you still want recommendations or should this thread die?

Well right now, I'm not flying anything. (I had to sell all my stuff when I went to college)
But I used to fly a blade 400, and t-rex 450 (just got the hovering thing down before I sold them)
Now I wanna get back in, and got a great deal on a Raptor 90 se, a few weeks back, but looks like Imay have to sell it.
I just don't have the funds to complete the bird right now, and buy a new Yamaha r1, so it's one or the other (and at the moment, I feel safer blowing my money on a bike)

Fudge what are you flying now, electric? 500, 600? If you are just flying a 400 stepping up to any .90ia a bigstep and even getting a used one at a great price with the staring goodies would be a good idea. Any modern .90 helo is a good basic helo that will do what 99.9% of us do
Old 06-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Fudge

I got the heli a few days agao, i found it a few weeks ago, and the guy got back to me about 2 days ago. I posted this because I was told that getting the raptor was a bad choice and I should have gotten the t-rexx 700, or vibe sg so I wanted some more input before I decide if I will finish building the raptor, buy a different heli, or sell the heli al together, and just put the money into my bike!

I'm not sure Iunderstand you. A few weeks ago you got a Raptor 90SE then you post you are looking for a 90 size helo and ask what you should get. And now that you havea 90 heloyou want to sell it for a R1. I don't understand your logic but Ihave a 90 size helo and a R1 among my toys....

So do you still want recommendations or should this thread die?

Old 06-04-2009, 12:43 PM
evan-RCU

The Raptor flies very nice. I would keep it but as I say I already have a R1....   
Old 06-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Raptor flies very nice. I would keep it but as I say I already have a R1....

I also have the Raptor but not an R1. I have a Suzuki Boulevard M109R. Some crotch-rocket bike guys seem surprised when after going thru some gears, they look in their rear-view mirror expecting me to be a 1/2 mile behind and they find me right on their rear tire.

Rafael
Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 PM
evan-RCU

Hey Raf, at least it's a nice color blue......  
Old 06-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Fudge

yeah I'm keeping the Raptor 90 now!!