Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

.46 os dies, please help!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

.46 os dies, please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:27 PM
jjoos99
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .46 os dies, please help!!!

I have a .46 os engine that I am ready to throw in the trash. No matter what I do this thing will cut in and out, stumble choke and eventually die at half throttle or so. I have tinkered with the low needle and the upper needle with no change. I have fought this thing for 2 seasons now and havent been able to fly. I reringed it last year, I pulled the carb and took it apart and sprayed it down good with cleaner and blew out with air. All to no avail. I bought this motor used and flew it for 2 seasons without a problem. The 3rd season I had it die on me in midair and crashed and havent been able to get this thing right since. I have thrown my arms up on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 07-02-2009, 08:06 PM
rotordoc1

Default RE: .46 os dies, please help!!!

That is the symptoms of a bad rear bearing - have you ever changed it?
Old 07-04-2009, 04:20 PM
richardshakan

Have you checked the fuel lines and fittings. Replace fuel lines every year or two, including the clunk line.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:21 AM
richardshakan

Also, did you replace the back cover and carb seals while you were at it? Have you tried different glow plugs? Someone in a diff forum had simular issues and they tried a #7 plug + it solved his problems. Just a thought.