Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Esky Belt-CP V2, Eflite Blade CP Pro, or Helimax Axe CPv3

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Esky Belt-CP V2, Eflite Blade CP Pro, or Helimax Axe CPv3

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 09:34 AM
afitzgerald1080

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esky Belt-CP V2, Eflite Blade CP Pro, or Helimax Axe CPv3

I am considering upgrading to a collective pitch heli and I would like to know which is a better heli for a new pilot? I currently have an Esky Dauphin CO-AX and an Eflite Blade MsR fixed pitch. I am trying to decide between either an Esky Belt-CP V2 or an Eflite Blade CP Pro (I do know that one has a belt drive tail and the other has a direct drive tail). I know that both of these are not the best and that there are much better ones out there, but both of these are in my price range and I don't really want to get into having to build a kit (or getting a divorce). Also I have heard that the Belt-CP V2 may be compatible with TREX parts, is this true? I have also heard that the Heli Max Axe CPv3 has a lot of issues with the tail motor going bad is this true, and would this be a good one to consider as well? Thank you for all your advice with this.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 12-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Strangeflight

Default RE: Esky Belt-CP V2, Eflite Blade CP Pro, or Helimax Axe CPv3

Well seeing as this hasn't been addressed by the more formal heli pilot's out there, maybe my novice experience can help, first off, I started with a Cx2 back in the day, I put at least 100 hours on that bad boy haha, then got out of it after I bought a used modded CP pro in 2006, I had no Idea that it was this hard to fly a Cp heli, but I also didn't have a clue that the original owner sold me a very unstable, crappy Pro that was probably crashed out bunches, and he also probably didn't know jack about getting it all trimmed out ect. So I had a hard time as a beginner trying to fix this thing much less fly it, so I gave up and sold it out cheap, (as I bought it cheap) well come 2 monthes maybe longer I bought a new MSR and gave it another try, I played with the MSR about 4-5hours and decided it was time to get a cp or larger FP. I got a good deal on the new CP pro 2 for 225.00 out the door so I took her home, come to find out... it wasn't as hard as suspected, So if you have over come anything an MSR throws out, and able to fly backwards, nose in and correct your faults, Id say go ahead and get a B400, I wish now that I have heard everyone say b400's were easier more stable than a cp pro, gahh regrets.lo,lbut for the price range, go for the Heli max CP-L or the other cp model they offer, the frame looks well built, parts are cheap, and the electronic's seem fine from the reviews. I like my CP Pro2, but just the smallest rough landings break the skids, and Iv had to replace two so far, the Max's heli's look built better. As for the esc/motor ect. swapped to the trex, I have no Idea. Hope this helps

Old 12-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Sasquatchin

Ihave one of the CPv3's, and honestly, its very twitchy, and has no gyro. It is a handfull for a new pilot.

Ijust got a Blade 400 3D but Ihave not been able to fly it yet (darn weather).
Old 12-07-2009, 12:05 PM
afitzgerald1080

I have actually heard that the Heli Max Axe CPv3 is actually not that good of a heli, that it has problems with the tail motor and is very twitchy. It appears that everyone is saying to go with the Blade 400 3D, does anyone know about the Esky Belt-CP v2? It appears to be comparable to the 400 3D but is about $300 cheaper and I also heard that it is 100% compatible with T REX parts, is this true? Thank you for all your advice.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Derek8819
My Feedback: (9)

I like my Belt CP-V2, some parts may be compatible with a Trex450 but its a different setup. The belt flies really well and is a nice setup out the box, it was my first collective pitch heli. The quality I find is first rate and spare parts are cheap and readily available.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:33 PM
afitzgerald1080

ORIGINAL: Derek8819

I like my Belt CP-V2, some parts may be compatible with a Trex450 but its a different setup. The belt flies really well and is a nice setup out the box, it was my first collective pitch heli. The quality I find is first rate and spare parts are cheap and readily available.
You said this was your first CP heli... is this what you learned on or did you start out with a CO-AX or FP and how easy was it to learn to fly? I mean is it "new CP pilot friendly" is it pretty stable or not really? Does it have any problems with tail twitching or anything like that? Are there any drawbacks that you can see?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Belt CP. I had one Battle proven in Iraq for a year and it was my first CP helo. It is a 450 size but in order for it to fly really nice you need at least the ESky Ali swashplate. No slop at all with that. I flew mine with a 200 gram 2200 pack and actually flew it with two in paralell. The motor is plenty powerful and carbon or fiberglass blades would help with stable tracking. Learn on the woodies first though. Heli Direct has turnbuckles for the king that work great for the Belt when adjusting tracking. No popping off links. Infinately adjustable
Old 12-08-2009, 10:34 AM
rparn2
My Feedback: (11)

Do Not get a collective pitch helicopter that uses a tail motor you will not be happy make sure it is belt or torque tube dirve I would suggest getting a kit and build it your self this will teach you how to setup the helicopter setup is a very important part of learning to fly if the helicopter is not setup right it will not fly rtf or ready to fly does not mean it will always be setup to your flying style building a helicopter from a kit is not that hard and when you do run in to things you are not sure about their is a lot of great information in a number of forums including this one and you can always pm me and I will do my best to answer your questions I am no expert but have built a bunch of helicopters my latest being a trex 600nsp nitro bird The belt cp is a good helicopter if you decide to go this way check it out good meaning that all the screws have lock tite and that the swash plate and washout mixer arms etc. are level this will help you get off the ground with a good setup and make flying it more enjoyable hope this helps have a great day Rick
Old 12-08-2009, 10:44 AM
afitzgerald1080

ORIGINAL: rparn2

Do Not get a collective pitch helicopter that uses a tail motor you will not be happy make sure it is belt or torque tube dirve I would suggest getting a kit and build it your self this will teach you how to setup the helicopter setup is a very important part of learning to fly if the helicopter is not setup right it will not fly rtf or ready to fly does not mean it will always be setup to your flying style building a helicopter from a kit is not that hard and when you do run in to things you are not sure about their is a lot of great information in a number of forums including this one and you can always pm me and I will do my best to answer your questions I am no expert but have built a bunch of helicopters my latest being a trex 600nsp nitro bird The belt cp is a good helicopter if you decide to go this way check it out good meaning that all the screws have lock tite and that the swash plate and washout mixer arms etc. are level this will help you get off the ground with a good setup and make flying it more enjoyable hope this helps have a great day Rick
Thanks Rick, that is some really good advice. I will definitely take that into consideration.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Sasquatchin

I will illiterate on my previous comment some.  Im honestly not a big fan of my CPv3.  When I said it was twitchy, and a hand full, I meant it.  Even trimmed out the tail wanders anytime you increase rotor speed, and the heli itself just seems much harder to fly then my blade 400 3D.

the few 3D maneuvers I can do on the CPv3 are MUCH easier on the Blade 400 3D, and the heading lock gyro makes things much easier as well,

Old 12-18-2009, 03:43 AM
Heliman-1

Not to bash the Cp world but keep practicing with the small helis. Your next best invetment right now is a simulator. In no time you'll ready for a larger heli. Most helis with a seperate tail motor are going to be a pain and unstable. Wish I would have skipped right over them. Read through the fourms and you will see what I mean. After someone buys a larger heli, like a 400 size or bigger. They always comment on how much more stable and simple and how much of a pain the cp sized heli was. With some sim practice and trainning gear you'll be ready in no time