Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Head speed on Frenzy 90

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Aus_Panther

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head speed on Frenzy 90

Hello all. I have just decided to make the move up to a 90 size machine and bought a TZ V2 Frenzy 90.After looking through the manuals of this and a few other 90 class machines I have been unable to find recomended head speeds for this class of heli. I will be using a pumped OS and CY 710 blades. My main type of flying is mild aerobatics but have been stepping up into the more stick banger 3d type of flying. So I guess my main question is what would be the highest safe headspeed for this heli in it's standard form with this motor and blade combo (I may also be getting the CY SB 710 blades down the track)
Thanks in advance
Old 01-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Helipilot888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Head speed on Frenzy 90

I fly some pretty hard 3D, and mine has a throttle curve of 100-80-75-80-100, idk what the exact head speeds would be that you find with a tac, but basically just change it till the heli doesnt bog in tic-tocs, and isint screaming in hover. Ive followed that principle, and it seems to work out pretty well. Just my opinion though.

Good luck,

Dan
Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Head speed on Frenzy 90

The headspeed is a function of the engine rpm and the gearing. I do not know what the gearing is on your Frenzy, but on my Raptor 50 the gearing is 8.5. There is a little math involved. I can't remember the numbers for my 90 so I will use my 50 as an example.

Take the number of teeth of your main gear and divide it by the number of teeth of your pinion. For example on my Raptor 50 is: 85 / 10 = 8.5

The OS 50 hyper makes max power at about 17000 rpm. Divide that by the gearing and you get max power headspeed: 17000 / 8.5 = 2000

I run my headspeed at 2000rpm. Some people run it a little higher with the pre-tense that when the engine bogs, it bogs into the power generating "band".

I hope I helped to clear things up a bit.

Rafael