RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Helicopter General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-general-discussions-129/)
-   -   Hobby King order I have been warned (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-general-discussions-129/10275700-hobby-king-order-i-have-been-warned.html)

nick4622 01-20-2011 05:16 AM

Hobby King order I have been warned

Iwas just wondering what is the normal time it takes for a hobby king order to make it to the US.
I have heard some bad reviews but Icould not turn down the prices.
Iordered a couple of li-po batteries mid december have not heard anyhting from them, should Ibe concerened?

I will try to contact them but also heard that gets you nowere.

Tracking # said Ihas passed customs and is coming through Swiss somthing.
Also Iwas wondering if it will show up USPS or some other currier.

ATVAlliance 01-20-2011 05:19 AM

RE: Hobby King order I have been warned

For me...the regular shipping took about twice as long than EMS, which took about 7-10 days to get to me.  I'll never NOT use EMS shipping with them again.

</p>

gmscholl 01-20-2011 09:22 AM

I've ordered from Hobbie King several times and it usually takes two to four weeks. The prices make it worth it to me. I heard that they hold orders for a certain quantity to U.S., I don't know that for sure. I think four weeks is a long time, but I've waited three weeks for stuff in the US before. I never order more than I'm willing to loose, just in case. I hate loosing anything, but ya gotta be willing to set a limit when ordering online, usually you're ok, but once in a while, you get taken to the woods for a ride.

Solman 01-20-2011 11:20 AM

I have never had an issue with them. 2 weeks and sometimes 3 weeks is usually the norm. Normally they are pretty good at making sure you are happy with your order. It will show up USPS when you get it. Normally they will send it certified to ensure that you recieved it.

RC RedHots 01-20-2011 02:49 PM

<p style="margin-bottom: 0in">I have had at this time 9 orders with HK.</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0in">Most of them to NC has been 2 weeks and a few days.</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0in">I had a problem with my 1<sup>st</sup> order and it was worked out, but I didn't like sending back the bad part.(that's life)</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0in">They did in fact give me a credit that I used.</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0in">I have had more problems and excuses with items off Ebay from china.</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0in">I and still waiting for that to end, it been going on for five weeks.(they are putting the blame on holidays)</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0in">
</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0in">Battery's from HK</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0in">I use all deans connectors on all my Helicopters and have bought 2 batteries from HK one was bad after a very short use, so because of me changing the connector and the time span (snow and cold) I was of of the return time.</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0in">I will keep on ordering from HK unless the part I need is burning a hole in my pocket because I need it now, If that's the case I will find it in the USA.</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0in">Oh as for the shipping (registered mail, pain in the rear but it works)</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0in">RC REDHOTS</p>

nick4622 01-24-2011 10:39 AM

Still waiting Iplaced order on 12-30 so will keep fingers crossed.

evan-RCU 01-24-2011 11:55 AM

24 days is still well within normal... especially if EMS was not selected. Especially if it got diverted into US Customs. US Customs has taken 2-3 weeks just by itself. They normally look at orders that are high value (normally not an issue as HK marks the packages "gift") or have a lot of LiPos in them (weight).

ea01bg 01-24-2011 04:56 PM

Hobby king is about price not speed. If you have 30 days to wait order it from hobby King and get a great prce. If you want it fast use a us vendor and pay more.

Ybenjulkay2x 01-24-2011 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: nick4622

Tracking # said I has passed customs and is coming through Swiss somthing.
Also I was wondering if it will show up USPS or some other currier.

Did you order it at Swiss warehouse, they have warehouse here in the US, but sometimes they don't have what your looking for at US warehouse.

nick4622 01-25-2011 04:35 AM

Pretty sure it was China it was the end of year li-po sale. I got 3 3s 2200mah for $7.99 each, and also 5 little 1s 138 mah for $.99 each.
Well worth the wait for the price, but i'm still waiting.

Lots more flyin for the trex 450,MSR,and MCX.

nick4622 01-25-2011 06:07 AM

Well the wait is over, anice little brown box showed up at work this morning.
All is here Thanks Hobby King.

I will defintely order from this site again, I just wont expect them to be too quick.

FLYBOY 01-31-2011 02:23 PM

I would call them, I just got the ones I ordered 2 weeks ago. They seem good to me.

captinjohn 02-01-2011 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: nick4622

Pretty sure it was China it was the end of year li-po sale. I got 3 3s 2200mah for $7.99 each, and also 5 little 1s 138 mah for $.99 each.
Well worth the wait for the price, but i'm still waiting.

Lots more flyin for the trex 450,MSR,and MCX.
Would the H King 450 be a good Heli to get? I do not want junk. Thanks Capt,n

captinjohn 02-10-2011 08:38 AM

I guess that Hobby king 450 Heli may be not to well liked...no response! Capt,n

ATVAlliance 02-10-2011 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Ive heard that its much like the EXI450 clone. I have an EXI and love it. So go for it. But, the EXI's are back in stock at xheli.com...so you might want to look at that site and compare pricing. Plus, xheli is in CA...everything I have ever ordered from them has come to me on the East Coast in 7 days. Shipping time may or may not be critical to you.

Moontan13 02-19-2011 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Some do, some don't. I bought a HK600 heli kit based on the sum of yea and nay responses. I was highly impressed with what I got for the money, but I am nowhere close to flying it so take it for what it's worth. Do you have a flight sim? Might want to get one of those to practice with until you have a heli.

nick4622 03-16-2011 06:15 AM

I placed a new order with hobby king two weeks ago on a item that they said was instock. Yesterday i recived a e-mail stateingthey were out of stock with this item.Great prices but the shipping leavesa little to be desired. If i known Iwouldn't have ordered it.

So Iguess I'll wait.

Not too happy though.

Thanks

Nick</p>

katarinaconnors 03-24-2011 07:10 PM

Hobby king is cool. Real cheap but it may be 10 days or 6 weeks. If you aren't in a hurry you can save a bunch. Just got three sets of blades, a really cool balancer and a spare 600 motor for the cost of one set of 600 blades at my local hobby shop, no kidding and they made me a platinum member and sent me a cool tx strap... After about ten orders.

Note that you can order most LiPo batteries from the US warehouse and have them within a week.. And cheap freight. Don't mix warehouse countries and don't mix backordered with in stock... In fact don't do backorders. Just have them notify you when a backordered item comes in by putting it on your wish list. Go slow and understand the system and save big. Think ahead what your needs will be and don't get in a rush. If you need it yesterday go shell out the bucks locally... Ouch, hate that..

Moontan13 03-24-2011 10:39 PM

X2, great advice.
I ordered an Accucell 6 charger for my brother on 2/6/11 and just got it yesterday. It was being held up at the hong kong post office for screening. They say anything more than 1/2 kilo gets held, but I hadan orderof their Deans clones take about a month to arrive.