RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Helicopter General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-general-discussions-129/)
-   -   Quick 15 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-general-discussions-129/389251-quick-15-a.html)

Furyflyer2 11-29-2002 02:52 PM

Quick 15

Hey check the new Quick 15 http://www.hobbynet-jp.com/english/hobbynet.html

Culverson 11-29-2002 03:03 PM

Quick 15

Man, FF2 there goes my Xmas money I might be interested in one possibly when I find out more about the parts availability & specs. ;)

Bill F 11-29-2002 05:16 PM

Quick 15

I would love to see more info on this heli, and what the price is going to be. But the fuse would will make my caliber 30 jealous :)

Vance 11-29-2002 09:57 PM

Quick 15

I got the below response from HHI yesterday concerning the Q15
Vince D

Hello,
Quick 15 is in production now, it will be out probably spring '03. We are estimating the retail at $199.99.

Sincerely,
Jon Yuhas
Quick Worldwide

stevenyc1 11-30-2002 04:00 AM

desire

I Want It............
I Want It............
I Want It............
I Want It............
I Want It............
I Want It............
I Want It............
I Want It............
I Want It............

I had a bunch of Concept 10's and i loved them all- a Quick 15 with one of today's hot 15's would absolutely rip......sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spring 03 is a long ways away- how will i cope?????????????

$199- I'll take 2!

stevenyc1 12-01-2002 02:07 AM

Quick 15

HHI has just informed me via E-mail that the 1st production run (nearly 1000 units) are almost sold out (I'm assuming via their world-wide network) and that interested buyers should call HHI and place an order....

The next projected batch will be available in April '03...

HHI will have the heli at the NY WRAM Show......

...I can't wait.....

if it's anything like their current line of Quick heli's- it should be fantastic.....

....interesting times ahead!

Lift 12-02-2002 09:57 PM

Quick 15

And what motor is out there for it that is heli specific? Seems like a novel idea but why??

I love nitro action, but seems like as soon as the lithium polymer battery makes it's way into the heli scene we will be hearing alot more from the likes of the Mikado 10 or other little electric helis.

Somebody please help me see the appeal in this little thing....

Culverson 12-02-2002 11:13 PM

Quick 15

Novelty with me a small throw & go heli when you are limited on space, as for the powerplant I'm thinking on this one to buy or not to buy, I can get a Learner 30 on sale. I have 2 Quick 30 Pro's now I'm tinkering with the idea LoL. I had 2 Concept 10's but the mechanics looks much more advanced..

stevenyc1 12-02-2002 11:29 PM

Quick 15

Payton,

more than likely- it will use the current crop of nitro .12-.16 size engines- of which there are tons! The engine mount will likely be for standard .12-.15 sizes and allow the fitting of most of the available car engines- from 1 Hp to the powerhouse 1.6 HP engines- usually available with pull-starts!

Imagine a heli the size of an electric- with a nitro engine that can fly 15-18 minutes and perform 3D with the best of them....no batteries to charge (other than the onboard RX batts) and inspires confidence because of it's small stature........fly a full tank for 1/2 the cost of flying a 30 sized chopper!

Kyosho had a Concept 10 heli just like this......while it was a great heli, sales were poor here in the USA- Kyosho used flimsy foam blades and mini servos were extremly pricey then (not like today- where mini's can be had for under $20).....not to mention gyros then were mechanical (and heavy) and we didn't have Piezo gyros then......

in today's market- with a 1HP .15 engine in a hot rod "e-sized" heli frame with "Quick" quality and today's Piezo gyros....it should be an awesome machine. All the benefits of electric heli's without the expensive electronics and batts----- just fuel up and pull-start and you're off flying!

All the pro guys at my field just loved my Concept 10- it had the OS CZ15H engine (.8 hp- basically the CZ12 with 15 piston & sleeve).....and always had the guys fighting for the sticks........one guy just 3D'd the heck out of it and was amazed the blades didn't break.....it was quite a sight seeing the small chopper flying around at full blast.....you wont know how cool they are till you see one flown- you'll be the next in line to buy one.

Fly all day for $6.........and smile.
Pure fun- that's the appeal of a .15 chopper.

(let's hope they use small woodies or composite blades- no foam.....and let's hope the weight is low- we all know how Quick likes to equip their heli's with all metal machined pieces- let's see what happens)

stevenyc1 12-02-2002 11:33 PM

Quick 15

Culverson-

you gotta get one.....

a .15 pull start engine can be had for under $100....and if they keep true to "Quick Heli" engineering- it should be a blast!

Buzzin Brian 12-02-2002 11:55 PM

Quick 15

From what I understand the entire rotor head is going to be all metal. As well as most of the other components like bell cranks, washout unit, and swashplate. The frames are suposed to be G10. If you ask me, this is overkill. This little bird is a great idea. But to make it all metal is just not needed. I have argued this point on another forum, and no one seemed to understand why I thoughts it was a little overbaked. I think it is a great idea, but if it were plastic. And cheap, it would hold a TON of merit. I for one would not buy a .15 size heli for more than I can get a 30 sized one for. Fun or not. Right now everyone knows that you can buy a Hawk Sport with a muffler for $159.00. So why make this little thing more expensive? I think the idea would have been better if it were aimed at the guy wanting to fly helis, with limited funds. Make it plastic, lite, and cheap. Say in the $125.00 range. And then they would have sold like HOTCAKES! And they might anyway, but I still think that it would have been better to make it a cheap little toy bird. Not make the parts all metal, which will be heavier, and cost more to fix. Great idea, but like I said a little overbaked for my taste. I will pass! Not trying to bad mouth Quick at all. I say again, great idea. Just not for me at $200.00.

stevenyc1 12-03-2002 02:16 AM

Quick 15

Considering my Quick 30 weighs less then similarly equipped Raptor 30's, perhaps Quick will make the Q15 parts super-lightweight...........with .15 power it can't be too heavy- then again with a hot .15 at 1.5hp- it still may go well........

pricewise- i think it's OK.......$199

The Concept 10 was $499 when it was first introduced in the early 90's...it then went down to $329....considering it was all plastic it was probably overpriced- but an all metal Q15 today at under $200 can't be that bad......let's see what the final product is like before we bash it....personally I hope it comes out like a mini Quick 30. It would be the 1st high-quality .15 heli available.
(Hirobo's MH 10 wasn't in the same league as the C10)

Buzzin Brian 12-03-2002 04:17 AM

Quick 15

I'm not bashing the heli at all. I have yet to see one, so I am not going to say that it is not a nice heli. I just think it would have been better off as a plastic heli. I don't IMPO think that a heli this small needs to be all metal. But that is just my oppinion. I hope it turns out to be great. But I am doubting that one will ever find its way into my hanger. With the way that most manufacturers are in a kind of pricing war, I don't think that comparing the prices of today with the prices of 10 years ago is a fair comparison. Thankfully for us, they have gone down, not up. That is why I would have loved to see a bird like this follow that same suit. And be dirt cheap, lite, and very capeable. Like I said in my previous post, I think it is a great idea.

Culverson 12-03-2002 04:21 AM

Quick 15

Looks like retail pricing, it might actually go down a bit after it has been out a while. Seems a better price can be got when its first being introduced.

stevenyc1 12-03-2002 04:21 AM

Quick 15

I'm always in for a lower price.....no quabbles there!

(maybe for $199 it will include engine????)

<< I know it's doubtful -but I can dream>>

Buzzin Brian 12-03-2002 04:27 AM

Quick 15

I doubt it, (it will come with a engine) but that would make the price a LOT more palletable. Then I would be VERY interested.

I to can see the price going down after it has been on the market for a while. Only time will tell.

Bill F 12-03-2002 04:39 AM

concept 10

It would be nice if kyosho would bring back the concept 10, I have always wanted one of them. If the price it right I might consider one of these quick 15's, I like the small size and am not a huge fan of electic helicopters.

Mad_Scientist 12-03-2002 08:19 PM

Quick 15

I would be the fist guy with a big block engine in that Quick 15 when I drop in one of my Norvel 25 engines. The norvel weighs the same as most 15's and has the power of an OS32.

Richie 12-04-2002 12:48 AM

Quick 15

I looked at the website listed at the top of this thread and it stated the price at $134.00 U.S.. I don't know if you can get it at this price if at all yet.

stevenyc1 12-04-2002 01:53 AM

Quick 15

You could probably get it for that price.....problem is when u call HHI and try to order parts, you might face the dreaded "where did you buy it from" question......support may go down from then on.....

probably not a whole lot to be saved considering shipping from Japan.

JMHO

Lift 12-06-2002 09:44 PM

Quick 15

For those interested it runs a 440mm main disk using the OS .15CV:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...FQ15%2FQ15.htm

+/- 9 degree of pitch. 150cc tank gives 15 min flights.

Culverson 12-07-2002 12:31 AM

Quick 15

Lift that was a great link on the postive & negatives..
Thnx.

Vance 12-22-2002 03:44 AM

Quick 15

I traveled up to HHI today to see the new Quick 15 heli that they just got in (one only) Stefan is assembling it now. Irwin said he will put pictures up on his website when the heli is completed. They are working on the Building instructions now. Looks to be a real quality little heli about the size of the Voyager electric. G-10 frames, belt drive tail, metal head, swash, and tail. Metal motor mount. I think there were bearings everywhere but I'm not positive on that. Looks alot like the quick 30 only with 2 pc. sideframes. It will accept standard size servos. It doesn't look fragile in any way & I think it'll be a nice heli to keep in the car at all times to throw around in small areas.
Vince D

Buzzin Brian 12-22-2002 10:25 PM

Quick 15

Did he say what they were going to ask for the kit? Or are they sticking to the $199 MSPR? I would expect it to be a little cheaper than that.

Vance 12-23-2002 01:58 AM

Quick 15

No he didn't say & I forgot to ask how much. It shouldn't be long and we'll have all the details.
Vince D