RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Helicopter General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-general-discussions-129/)
-   -   ?Glitch with Hitec 6 ch FM Dual Conv Reciever: why (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-general-discussions-129/4979908-glitch-hitec-6-ch-fm-dual-conv-reciever-why.html)

RevGQ 11-10-2006 04:09 PM

?Glitch with Hitec 6 ch FM Dual Conv Reciever: why

I am running the Hitec 6 ch dual conversion reciever on a 50 size heli. The electronics include 5-cell battery with voltage regulator.
* The problem: I am experiencing intermittent glitches in hover just above 3/4 stick.
* I have tightened muffler, checked crystal and antenae, and all moving parts for breakage.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

BarracudaHockey 11-10-2006 04:25 PM

RE: ?Glitch with Hitec 6 ch FM Dual Conv Reciever: why

Metal to metal rubbing somewhere.

A bad bearing somewhere

Poor antenna routing

All three come to mind

RevGQ 11-16-2006 02:11 AM

Thanks for the info.
I found the problem. I am running the Futaba GY401 Gyro which has a Sensitivity Switching Connector. I remembered that the problem didn't exist prior to hooking the SSC up, so I unplugged it from the TX and no more glitch. I will check to make sure I had it plugged into the right channel and make sure it is adjusted properly.
Anyone else having a problem with these units please give me a heads up,,,much appreciated.

HeliTB 11-18-2006 08:13 PM

What do you mean SSC hooked up? I have GY401 on my .30 size heli and am not sure what your referring to when you SSC.

tippy 11-18-2006 10:41 PM

RevGQ:: ... the Futaba GY401 Gyro which has a Sensitivity Switching Connector ...

HeliTB:: ... not sure what your referring to when you (say) SSC.

Better?

HeliTB 11-18-2006 10:46 PM

Thanks for correcting my english.

RevGQ 11-19-2006 05:37 AM

Check out the SSC connections (channel 5 and signal wire) and test flew the heli again. Again I began experiencing glitch. I remove the SSC and glitching ceased. At this point, I may have a damaged gyro. Gyro is setup as per instructions found on the Raptortechnique website. Please post any ideas.

RevGQ 11-19-2006 05:26 PM

A quick PS: the copter is the Audacity Tiger 50. I am also having the problem of blades getting out of track during flight. I think that my paddles are moving. I will attempt to tighten them. Any help would be appreciated.

HeliTB 11-20-2006 07:06 PM

RevGQ...I looked in my manual and to my suprise it's the yellow wire that goes to channel 5. I just never heard it referred to by its proper name.