Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Heaven Support Click here for help with all your RC Helicopter Heaven questions.

Colco Lama IV

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 03:05 PM
sblinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colco Lama IV

Just wondering if anybody has had the joy of flying one of these machines? There is the model IV and the model V, the model V being a bit more advanced on the receiver side. Just checking to see how many folks have seen or flown these birds.

Steve
Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 PM
scotthb

Default RE: Colco Lama IV

I bought the IV From Helicopterheaven.com and it flies smooth and it seems to be very well built craft. For the money I don't think there is another one out there better. This is my third RC Helicopter.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:45 AM
acobra
My Feedback: (40)

These mini heli's get better all the time
Acobra
Old 10-07-2007, 05:44 PM
blade king

man o man, i have 2 of the 2007 colco lama iv's. they are great. very smooth and stable. and man are they tough. they also seem to run much cooler than the 2006 model.however the battery is not 1000 mah as advertised. i still use them though. i bought a venom ven-1568 20c 2s 800 mah replacement lipo for $24.00 that nearly doubles my flight time, and its not even broke in yet!! get one you wont be sorry!! my buddy bought a well known $210.00 coax heli that i wont name, and man were we shocked to see how solid these colco's are compared to that flimsy thing that uses expensive junk proprietary blades!! these babys will take blades from several brands such as esky lama v3 and v4 venom ocean rescue, walkera 5/4 and just about any other coax heli blade. and the motors are $4.00 each and run forever. but with a little cutting several other coax motors will also fit this heli. get one!!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Razorbk

Purchased a Colco Lama V from Helicopter Heaven and have had it for 2 weeks now. HH inspects, test flys and sets up the heli. This heli flys great, very smooth and stable. After 2 btrys seeing how the heli reacted when it was light on the skids, I started flying and have had no problems at all. This is my first RC product of any kind and I am having a ball. I am retired military, 70 years old and wish I had started earlier. Steve at HH was very helpful with any questions I had in getting started. They also answer the phone/return calls and repond quickly to emails. Recommend HH.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:44 PM
blade king

you will soon be addicted to rc heli's. welcome aboard!!! these babys will give all your senses a good work out and help keep you focused!! and that is no joke. its a great time!! i just had a bad crash flying outside!! to much wind. but getting her back in the air will be a fun easy project, plus the parts are dirt cheap!! i love it!! have fun
Old 02-12-2008, 09:49 AM
boscoman

[8D]Hi this is my first time on this web site...I see you guy are into these colco lama IV, I have seen the swiss lama have any of you guy herd of it?[8D]
Old 02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
blade king

i have heard of it, and yes i want one. they look a bit larger. and i have not seen any here in ohio.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:08 AM
flyhighaway0
Banned

Skyartec have new helicopter NINja 400.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 AM
dbailey3887

It's really disappointing to spend your hard earned money for a product and get ripped off. I had a bad experience with helicopterheaven.com I purchased an eflite blade cx3 from helicopter heaven and I received a helicopter that was used. The canopy had glue and scratches all over it; the top of the canopy was ripped, and the motor wouldn't work. I took it to a hobby shop about 40 miles one way from my home; the guys at the hobby shop were able to get it to start but when they did they said the 3 in one gyro was damaged and the inner shaft was bent. I phoned the company and told Steve the unit was used but he denied it. He said he damaged the canopy while installing lights. He new the helicopter was damaged but he sold it to me anyway. The light job was shabby; there was glue from a hot glue gun all over the canopy and any where a light was installed glue bulged out around it. It looked like a kid had attempted to install the lights. The instruction manual also had writing inside of it as if a kid had drawn lines inside of the book.

If he test the units I wonder why I stayed on the phone with him for about an hour attempting to bind a supposedly RTF ready to fly helicopter to a transmitter that wouldn't bind. He couldn't walk me through the process to get the helicopter to successfully operate. The helicopter wouldn't work until I took it to the hobby shop to find out it was damaged.