Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Heaven Support
Reload this Page >

My new Colco Lama 5 and Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Heaven Support Click here for help with all your RC Helicopter Heaven questions.

My new Colco Lama 5 and Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 12:47 PM
mnimud28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Colco Lama 5 and Question

I just received my new Colco Lama 5 from Helicopter Heaven. I ordered it friday night and got it exactly 1 week later.

I only flew it a few minutes but it seems to always want to rotate in one direction even if I try adjusting the trims on the transmitter. If I want to slightly tweak the 4in1 to compensate for that which adjustment is it? The directions don't say which adjustment is which. It doesn't move (strafe?) left or right at all so I don't want to mess that adjustment up.

* Update * I tried a little more and it seems ok. Broke one of the landing skids on a rough landing but not too bad and nothing a little JB-Weld couldn't fix.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:01 AM
hotspicy

Default RE: My new Colco Lama 5 and Question

i recently got my lama5 and was flying steadily without any problem. however, the next day when i tried to fly it again, it pirouettes on its own. i tried to adjust the rudder trim but it doesn't do anything.

can anybody help me on this one?

thanks.
hotspicy
Old 01-20-2010, 01:05 AM
dbailey3887

Default RE: My new Colco Lama 5 and Question

It's really disappointing to spend your hard earned money for a product and get ripped off. I had a bad experience with helicopterheaven.com I purchased an eflite blade cx3 from helicopter heaven and I received a helicopter that was used. The canopy had glue and scratches all over it; the top of the canopy was ripped, and the motor wouldn't work. I took it to a hobby shop about 40 miles one way from my home; the guys at the hobby shop were able to get it to start but when they did they said the 3 in one gyro was damaged and the inner shaft was bent. I phoned the company and told Steve the unit was used but he denied it. He said he damaged the canopy while installing lights. He new the helicopter was damaged but he sold it to me anyway. The light job was shabby; there was glue from a hot glue gun all over the canopy and any where a light was installed glue bulged out around it. It looked like a kid had attempted to install the lights. The instruction manual also had writing inside of it as if a kid had drawn lines inside of the book.

If he test the units I wonder why I stayed on the phone with him for about an hour attempting to bind a supposedly RTF ready to fly helicopter to a transmitter that wouldn't bind. He couldn't walk me through the process to get the helicopter to successfully operate. The helicopter wouldn't work until I took it to the hobby shop to find out it was damaged.