Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Heaven Support
Reload this Page >

Would you trade a NIB T-Rex 450SE V1 for a Raptor 60 V2?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Heaven Support Click here for help with all your RC Helicopter Heaven questions.

Would you trade a NIB T-Rex 450SE V1 for a Raptor 60 V2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 PM
quartz
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you trade a NIB T-Rex 450SE V1 for a Raptor 60 V2?

I have a NIB T-Rex 450 SE V1 and found a guy who would like to trade a Raptor 60 V2 for it (with some cash on my part of course) It doesn't have much use, it has an OS 70 and a few spare parts. Would you go for it or just stick with the T-Rex 450? If you would do it how much would you give for basically no electronics, then with servos. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:52 PM
T-Rex-Flyer

Default RE: Would you trade a NIB T-Rex 450SE V1 for a Raptor 60 V2?

You sure don't give much to go on you don't even give a list of equipped items. It all depends on what YOU want, and if it feels like it's a good deal for you. What's good for some may not be good for others, Go with you're gut on this one.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:15 AM
hoverhobbies

Default RE: Would you trade a NIB T-Rex 450SE V1 for a Raptor 60 V2?

First consider where you are in your flying, setup and building skills. Then have you any expirence with nitro (opens an new can of fun) it is different and you can not fly it anywhere like the 450.

Next, do you have a place to fly it? Meaning that the Raptor needs room alot more than the 450.

Then, how much can you afford to throw at it? and what type of flying do you do. Meaning without servos, you can get away with some JR821 at $35 a pop (four of them) a gyro (401) and a good servo on the tail. This would allow to fly nice and some 3d. But if you are really into 3d you'll want to go some real good servos (~$85 range, 3 of them) but you can do a cheap one on the throttle. 450 flies with a small radio, you're going to need to by a better one. I use AR7000. You'll need a battery as well.

I take it you've seen this Raptor? Is it a V1? Crashed? Check the frame for cracks any damage. How old is the motor? Well maintained? Seen it fly? Is this guy going to help you out? Will a LHS help out?

Is it a stock raptor or does it have upgrades? Rotorhead upgades can cost a bunch. Metal head is what I would fly, same on tail.

New 60s go for $550. I do not know what you paid for the 450 and what it has.

Me? Assuming it's in good condition and the cost difference, I would do it in a heart beat.

Anyway, good luck.

hoverhobbies.com