Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

Got a kick out of this Ebay transmitter ad

Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Got a kick out of this Ebay transmitter ad

Old 03-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Bill G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a kick out of this Ebay transmitter ad

At first, I saw what appeared to be a Futaba 8U being sold without a module, but with a number of receivers to be included with the sale. I then read the description at the bottom and was totally confused. After a bit of thought, I realized that the man was referring to the receivers as "transmitters", thinking that they were modules. Apparently he seemed to think that one of the receivers would fit in the back of the transmitter, and stated that a buyer could select one of the receivers which he called "transmitters", and he would include it with the sale.
The whole thing reminded me of the commercial where the monkey is trying to pound the sqaure block into a round hole.
Look at the receiver, then look at the transmitter, and decide if you think there is any possibility that the receiver is made to be installed into the back of the transmitter as a module.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUTABA-FP-T8...item4ac1d4b6db
Old 03-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Bill G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got a kick out of this Ebay transmitter ad

There's a guy now advertising a sailplane as a Control Line plane.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370770236747...84.m1423.l2649
In all my years, I've never seen someone swinging around a sailplane on a control line, but I guess anything's possible.