Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

My Day At the flying Field

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

My Day At the flying Field

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 04:57 PM
koastrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Day At the flying Field

I had saved a story written by some dude before 2005 in one of the magazines. Lost the magazine in Katrina along with everything else we owned. That is another story. Any way the story was the observations of a pretty funny person. We all know the kind of fellow he is. A person that can take any story and add a laugh. Went something like this. Sorry this is not as funny as the original and I would hope the author or someone with a better memory than mine can tell the story,

Got out first today. Soon another person shows up. It took him ten minutes to be satisfied with the way he parked. After he appeared satisfied with his parking spot. He then walked about checking his vehicle. Not sure what he was looking for. While he was doing his thing the resident know everything guy pulled up, You know this guy. He was the crew chief on the Wright Flyer according to him. As he whips out his plane and he has a story. I could tell he was ready to do some serious flying. He had fresh duct tape on the wings and nose of his pride and joy. Not long the resident old guy comes pulling up. His silk and dope job looks like the day he did it and the FOX sixty shines like a new penny. In the meantime the dude appeared to be done with his transportation, passed inspection and begins to take his equipment out. The very first thing out is the tool box. He starts by looking over the box. After careful inspection he opens the tool box and oh my, finds a screwdriver out of place. This triggers a complete contents inspection of the tool box. While he was looking over the contents of the box the next fellow pulls up. Well dressed for action. A hat displaying his brand of radio and a vest with every model product ever patch sewn in strategic places.
This story goes on and we can all relate to it. The engine adjuster. the has been flyer, the going to be flyer and the flyer that has competed in every part of the sport. The story teller covers just about all of us. I would like to see the story again. Perhaps some of you recall. If not, perhaps you may have the my day at the flying site story.