Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

Funny things heard on frequency

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Funny things heard on frequency

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 12:16 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny things heard on frequency

I heard a good one tonight. Controller told a regional jet to hurry down thru 12 thousand for traffic. The pilot responded with : we're coming down faster than a Bonanza full of doctors ! "
Old 03-02-2008, 12:42 AM
xlr82v2
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Funny things heard on frequency

About 3 weeks ago, I guess, I heard an American give a full pax cabin arrival briefing on Houston Center... my capt and I got a chuckle out of that... but nobody else said anything on frequency. I'm glad we don't have to do that in the Learjet... I'm sure I'd forget to flip that switch too at some point.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:12 AM
seemefly_1

well if you go on Google and search black box crash or something close (I will try to get the link) they have one were the pilot is talking about sports and his kids to the co pilot and the take the short runway instead of the larger one and they say " isn’t that weird all the light stopped on the runway” and hit a building I cracked up for such a dumb mistake to happen (I read the crash report on Wikipedia after and got some more details)
Old 03-02-2008, 04:26 PM
xlr82v2
My Feedback: (1)

That really isn't so funny... I think you're referencing the Lexington, Kentucky ComAir crash from a couple of years ago.

I have been to that airport, and I've seen that runway that the accident occurred off of. With all of the construction that was going on at that time, and the confusing airport markings and signage because of it, it would have been fairly easy to turn onto the wrong runway, especially at night (dark). That doesn't remove any responsibility from the pilots, however... it just shows how unforgiving aviation can be to a simple mistake.

I'm in no way saying that this crew was blameless, but before all of you non-flying people throw stones, just ask yourselves if you have ever pulled onto the wrong street with your car? You pay for it with some aggrivation and maybe a U-turn... These poor souls, save one, paid for it with their lives.

Not so funny.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:07 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

On the sim, I did the same thing they did !!! At sunrise.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:09 PM
gfyss
My Feedback: (14)

The situation: Military T-43 (737) at FL190 approaching Mobile, AL VOR enroute to NAS Pensacola, which is the primary flight training area, with LOTS of T-34 (2-seat turbo prop) training activity. Upon contacting the tower, the T-43 was cleared to 5000' and direct to the field, right through the biggest, most active training airspace, full of the least experienced pilots (and wanna-be pilots). A few seconds after the initial clearance, the tower called back: "Gator 03, confirm you're a turbo prop", "Negative, we're a T-43 Alpha, a military 737". We could just about hear the gears in the controllers head whirring around as he processed the information. Two seconds later we received "Immediate right turn to 180 remain above 12000 until ...". As we entered the flare on final, we heard the tower exclaim "I guess you guys really aren't a turbo prop after all".