Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

Nursing sore ribs.... Or....do I have too many toys???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Nursing sore ribs.... Or....do I have too many toys???

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Dc3Mek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nursing sore ribs.... Or....do I have too many toys???

Well, not sure how funny it is, but it really is a safety moral..

While taking my 1/4 scale Extra wing down from the upper shelf on the wall in my shop, I tried to pivot on the step stool and step off of it over the handle of my lawn mower.....
Yeah, sounds dumb to me too..now!

But I tried it without thinking or realizing that the pull cord, (you know, the one that goes from the engine to the handle bar) was in direct conflict with my grand plan.....

So here I was, foot wrapped in cord, hoping against hope that somehow the wing would provide some sort of enough wind resistance in order to gently land my 205 lbs to the ground.....

That was until I tried to use my other foot to help the wing....

Did I mention that my racing kart was on the other side of the mower?

Yep. The other foot landed right down on the left front tire....boy, I shouldn't have worked so hard on getting those bearings so smooth!!!!

That foot slid forward, securely locking it between the tire and nose fairing!

Now is when I realize this isn't looking too good....

I threw the wing up hoping that it would be able to fend for itself.....did I mention that I had a welding table on the other side of the kart????? Loaded with sharp metlal bits????

Mikail Barishnikov (famous Russian ballet dancer) would have been proud of the piroette (sp) that I was improvising on at least up until the go kart....

But it didn't help... I landed hard without being able to stop any downward momentum and crushed the mid and nose fairing of my kart......and my lower left rib cage!

After kicking the mower into my welder in anger, and cussing like the merchant marine I used to be,I made it to my feet after struggling for a minute and surveyed the damage to myself and my wing, go kart, welder and mower. Split knee, bruised ribs, a couple of good dings on the wing, cracked lense on the welder, destroyed the mid fairing, cracked the nose fairing, bent fairing supports. The mower is fine...

I guess it could have been worse. I could have ruined the wing!

So the question is....do I have too many toys or not enough ballet skills????

Darrell
Old 05-25-2008, 03:30 PM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Nursing sore ribs.... Or....do I have too many toys???

The first question,- Did your wife see it happen?? # 2. Did you tell her?? # 3 Do you think if you would've had a dirt bike setting beside the gocart you might've, possibly, almost landed astraddle of it ( nice cushie seat) it could happen!!!!, thus,#1 saving your ribs, #2 you wouldn't have messed up the faring, brackets included, #3,not to mention all the other stuff that happened, only because you don't have a dirt bike. Now I know that a wife couldn't see the logic in that. I for one, CAN very much see WHY you don't have enough toys !!!!! If your wife didn't see it happen you can tell her that you was thinking of your never ending love for her at that instant,& lost all normal thinking abilities due to that thought. How ever, if your wife seen it happen,then sorry about your unfortunate accident. Also, if you do have a dirt bike with all the other toys, then maybe you do have too many toys !!!
Old 05-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Dc3Mek

You know, you might be on to something! I don't have a bike....and I've been resisting buying one even thought my buddy is trying to get me to buy one.
I should have listened!!!!
A nice cushy something would have been REAL nice!
Old 05-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Gary L.

Would you mind doing it again, but with pictures this time????
Old 05-25-2008, 08:05 PM
victorzamora

How about a video of it happening? THAT would be a unique video
Sorry to hear it man! Get better soon.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:13 PM
forrest225

ORIGINAL: Dc3Mek

You know, you might be on to something! I don't have a bike....and I've been resisting buying one even thought my buddy is trying to get me to buy one.
I should have listened!!!!
A nice cushy something would have been REAL nice!
what you need is an rc pillow.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:34 PM
greedy

I think you should apply for a job with the post office, package handling depot.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:37 PM
SoarLA45

You sell that video and youll be a milionaire