Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

One for the honey, two in the snow.......

Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

One for the honey, two in the snow.......

Old 06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
ssrc30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One for the honey, two in the snow.......

Ok, this has been a long time coming. Last winter I made a mistake, which I will NEVER repeat. I got my girlfriend an RC airplane. Now, some of you will think "How nice of you" or, "WOW thats cool" or maybe even "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING"?.............. Exactly, WHAT WAS I THINKING?

I have a wonderful girlfriend and we have been through alot together, but not as much as we went through teaching her how to fly. This is where the proverbial "fuc" begins.

The day is December 25th, 2007, a day which will live in infamy, and the darkest corners of my nightmarish dreams. The place, the local flying field. The plane, a 4 channel home built Cessna 150 trainer.

As we opened our gifts my girlfriend was extatic at the fact that I had fgotten her this model for xmas, she had been nagging me to get her one for over a year. We went to the local field, as the weather was beautiful and the skies clear. Trying to explain to her the basics of flight, she was very interested in how planes fly. My one biggest mistake was leaving her at the field, with both the Cessna 150 I had given her, and my rather expensive P-51 that I had spent 8 months building, to try and drive the 10 miles to a store to get batteries for my camera. THinking that she was responsible enough to build a fire and not touch anything, I went on my merry way. For some reason, forgetting that everything is closed on xmas day, I managed to find a store that was open. As I drove back to the field, I seemed to get a funny feeling, you know that gut feeling you get when you KNOW that something is going wrong with your prized model and there is nothing you can do about it? Anyway, as I approached the field, the girlfriend was no where to be seen. I spent over 20 minutes looking for her. When I finally found her, she was huddled in the outhouse by the field, shaking and crying. And here is the conversation that followed.

Me: "What are you doing in here"?
HER: "I, I, I, I.........."(LONG SILENCE)
Me: "Are you ok"?
HER: "I, I, I.........."

It is then that I saw it, and this is when the horror of the situation hits home. There, at the feet of the woman I am suppose to love unconditionally, without fail, I have to trust this woman, I have to LIVE with this woman.................... "OH MY @#%^*(@(@(* GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE"????????????

Suffice to say, among the remains of her poor little Cessna, were the tell tale, and somewhat recognizeable, remains of my beautiful P-51. The silver coating, the smashed cowling, the shattered wings and to put the topping on the cake, the remains of the pilot I had spent weeks painting to look as accurate as possible. The trauma that followed was a torment that only the lowest levels of hell can provide. The drive home is only about 45 minutes, but it seems that it took days to get home. Days and days and days of sitting in the truck with the woman who had destroyed the one thing I had ever built that I was truly proud of. This is a hell that no one should have to live through. I guess if there is one thing here to learn from, NEVER take the girlfriend to the field and leave her alone. All I remember from the crash site are 2 wel dug holes in the snow, where presumably my P-51 had fallen to its ultimate demise, the other, her Cessna.

LESSON LEARNED

Happy Flying.

Steve
Old 06-02-2008, 04:29 PM
krossk
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: One for the honey, two in the snow.......

Next time you go for batteries - leave the camera, take the transmitters!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:44 PM
aglaser

So she crashed HER plane and then decided to take yours up??? Ouch.. You better have gotten some GREAT"repayment" for that
Old 06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
ssrc30

Ever since that "incident" I don't even so much as unload a field box until I am sure I have everything I need. As for repayment, well, she was somewhat humbled by the experience and is terrified at the thought of even going near the field.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:59 PM
aussiesteve

Ok - so turn it into a positive - something like

"Oh honey - remember how YOU crashed my best plane - well I want to buy this - - - - (insert product of choice in the spaces - Tx, Kit, ARF, Engine, new girlfriend etc etc) - do you think I could?"

Seriously though -what a shame - the plane is replaceable but the loss of a life partner that comes to the field to participate is a real nuisance.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 PM
outdoorhunting

Hey, ssrc30. Whatever you do, write this story down or better yet, have it tattoed on your body somewhere,because that way you'll never forget it. Believe me ,if it happened the other way around She wouldn't. I've been married 45 yrs., I love her to death, but she will ( at the appropriate time) remember something stupid I did 20 yrs ago to win an argument. Us guys, we forget by the next day. Most married guys would pay big bucks & their favorite plane for what you have !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Phlip

OK, so I'm going to make an educated guess that you fly 'lectric.

Another good reason to go glow power!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
ssrc30

Normally I fly gas, nitro, kerosene, but on this occasion, yes, the aircraft in question were electric.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Redback

Electric - Oh that's different! For a moment I thought she'd wrecked two REAL models

(just kidding, honestly - I have a couple of electrics myself)

Terry
Old 06-03-2008, 07:37 AM
ssrc30

I have a F-22 PTS that I converted to electric and it will strip the paint off any of the gas/nitro models I have sitting in my hang.............. I mean, house..............lol But, ya, I much rather be flying KEROSENE lol
Old 06-03-2008, 07:40 AM
ssrc30

yes, I agree. Unfortunately, new girlfriends in this town are very expensive and the store's hours don't run as long as the hobby shop half a block from where i live I will get her back to the field, I am determined to, but all on her good time.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:25 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Shouldn't you change your opening post to refer to her as "ex-girlfriend"... [sm=confused.gif]
Old 06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
ssrc30

lol I would have if I had dumped her. Airplanes are replaceable, good women are not.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:35 AM
outdoorhunting

Amen to that !!!!!! I've had mine for 44 yrs . She's definitley not interested in flying,but she encourages me to fly all I want. Never complains about the " new plane that I (need)." Guys if we've got a good woman, we need to be thankfull, cause it sure can make our hobby a lot more enjoyable !!! - Man, does this sound like I'm whipped ?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:15 PM
burningpoo

If you can find a woman that can put up with all the stuff us rc junkies do and will do in the years to come, keep her around. I'm just happy my woman puts up with me, let alone my hobby. Sorry to hear your lose. I couldn't help laughing about finding her in a outhouse. If it makes you feel better, my wife asked when she would get a turn breaking my truck instead of me
Old 06-04-2008, 02:09 PM
ssrc30

Yes I agree. However, my woman, although she encourages me to fly as much as possible, really hates it when I hea out for the afternoon and arrive back home with a new airplane, especially when it is a very LARGE airplane lol......... I am still hearing about the 40% Extra I came home with. Oh well, thems the blows, but its all worth it.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:11 PM
ssrc30

Yes, when they start using the phrase "Breaking" you gotta remember that this will mean TOTAL ANNHILATION, trust me, I know this one too lol
Old 07-03-2008, 11:24 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

If she had taken HERS up and wrecked it, THAT I can see, and had it stopped there I'd say what the hey. But she WRECKED HERS, then took YOURS ???? Then FLEW it???? Then wrecked it???? After she knew she'd trashed hers??? I don't care HOW few women there are in your town. I can't believe nobody else here has pointed out the violation of trust that is obvious here. This woman will do anything to you, and I mean ANYTHING....if it suits her or benefits her. Open your eyes, fella, use your brain. Get rid of her FAST. SHE was the one who fired the warning shot across your bow, because that's exactly what happened there. From here on out, there's nobody to blame but YOURSELF when she does what she almost certainly will do. It's not like you can't see it coming.

To me, this story wasn't funny, I'm very sad for you. Guys do it to girls, and girls do it to guys, there's few of us it hasn't happened to. Best of luck to you, whatever happens. No matter what happens, it won't be easy for you.

Jim
Old 07-07-2008, 01:25 PM
November Zulu

I disagree man, she made a mistake. She probably thought she learned a lesson from the first one and was so excited about flying that she wanted to try again. I have no problem with that. I hope my girl is so passionate about it when I introduce her to the sport/hobby.
-Natty
Old 07-10-2008, 04:32 PM
skyraider71

You guys that have wives that don't complain about the
hobby are truly blessed! My wife absolutly HATES R/C.
I have to "sneak in" trips to my LHS, and burn my recipts.
I can't pick up an R/C mag, or spend more than 10 minuets
on RCU without her raising hell.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Dorsal
My Feedback: (17)

skyraider71, You don't really have a wife. I had one of that kind for a few years (up to 28 years ago), and although she did a fairly good impersonation, when I found a real wife the differences became blatantly obvious. My real wife bought my Futaba 6-channel for me, bought me many airplane kits and RC tools, saves little plastic and foam goodies to ask if I can use them on my models, tells me to take a break and go fly an airplane, etcetera. [8D]
That impersonator threatened to crush and burn them. [:'(]
Big difference! Good Luck bruddah! [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 07-10-2008, 07:49 PM
outdoorhunting

O.M.G. Get rid of her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:35 AM
zjwhitrock

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

O.M.G. Get rid of her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ever herd of alomony???
Old 07-14-2008, 07:17 AM
outdoorhunting

Just get a judge that likes R/C. He'll understand & give you the alimony & maybe if she's nice, you can give her "visatation rights" to your planes. Ha !
Old 07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
skyraider71

Actually, She hasn't been as bad lately. I've been getting in alot of stick time
and I've not gotten any crap about it. I build kits, the problems start when a project
gets near completion, and I'm making the final push to get it done(we've all done it).
Every birthday and christmas, all I ask for is a gift certificate from my LHS, she won't
do it! At least she didn't complain when I came in from the "shop" a few minuets ago.
I was finishing up that arf that I won at the fun-fly(wink-wink)! LOL!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.