RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Humor (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/)
-   -   Battery Health Warning!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/3419631-battery-health-warning.html)

osxpro 10-03-2005 09:37 PM

Battery Health Warning!!!

I have noticed on some of my new battery packs there is a sticker on that states, "This product is know in the state of California to contain cancer causing chemicals".
My question here is, what are they doing in California with these batteries????????????? LOL
Insert joke here... Double entaunt!!LOL!!!

CapUSA 10-04-2005 05:24 PM

RE: Battery Health Warning!!!

Or perhaps those Californians have secret labs that help Them know wha batteries cause while they leave the rest of the world wondering ,why oh why are those batteries causing cancer. Perhaps they dont want the terrorists to get their dirty hands on this "battery cancer epidemic" technology.
Or perhaps it if to ward off acid-heads!

Hircflyer 10-04-2005 05:48 PM

Everything in California causes something or another, that's why I left in 1957 and haven't gone back.

Geistware 10-04-2005 06:39 PM

You left and went to Hawaii!
Now that is what I called an improvement

exeter_acres 10-04-2005 06:42 PM

I've always wondered... why does it cause cancer in California... but not here in Michigan??

I guess they are safe to eat here!:D

Hircflyer 10-05-2005 01:58 AM

You bet! Year around flying and golf.....why be anywhere else?

SaulOhio 10-05-2005 04:53 AM

Yes, the chemicals cause cancer--if you eat them in quantities large enough to cause toxic damage to your cells without killing you and keep eating them for many years. So be very careful. Don't eat your batteries.

Freakazoid 10-05-2005 05:52 AM

Someone pass the mustard.. [:'(] Those kokams are damn chewy though.

scottrc 10-05-2005 09:47 AM

No matter what we do, California will find a problem with it. They claim our two strokes are destroying the ozone, so we go electric and now the batteries are supposed to be destroying brain cells.

Freakazoid 10-05-2005 10:25 AM

Someone should put a sticker on all the maps of california. :P "This state is known in the county of USA to contain large amounts of stupid."

osxpro 10-05-2005 11:10 AM

I guess Richard Gere was attaching 6v packs to his gerbils for more torque... LOL!!!!!

ballgunner 10-05-2005 12:06 PM

I was fortunate enough to be born in Iowa but was moved to CA at an early age. I never really liked the place. I retired May 3rd 1977 and was out of there on May 5th for good. Too many screwballs and an acting Governor all piled up in a beautiful place.

craigb 10-05-2005 02:22 PM

I have also noticed that! EVERYTHING either causes cancer or birth defects in California .... nice

Hircflyer 10-05-2005 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: craigb

I have also noticed that! EVERYTHING either causes cancer or birth defects in California .... nice

Hey! becareful We can talk about CALI-FOR-NI-A I'm not sure we allow others to do that. Remember what happened when you tried to tax our tea.;)

Dragonslain 10-05-2005 02:34 PM

Has anyone noticed large LiPos sort of look like pop tarts? mmmm.....LiPos. :D

craigb 10-05-2005 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Hircflyer

ORIGINAL: craigb

Hey! becareful We can talk about CALI-FOR-NI-A I'm not sure we allow others to do that. Remember what happened when you tried to tax our tea.;)

Hey! becareful We can talk about CALI-FOR-NI-A I'm not sure we allow others to do that. Remember what happened when you tried to tax our tea
I should be allowed with the amount of stickers with it on :D
I'm pretty sure theres one on my ass that saying "may cause damage to the ozone" [:-]:eek:

BaronSchwab 10-05-2005 06:59 PM

I was thinking the other day that everyone who lives in California dies because everything causes problems there. But I think they had too much Li-Po juce and they are all retarded.

japan3d 10-10-2005 04:48 PM

Got a receiver the other day from tower hobbies and had the same warning on it.

osxpro 10-10-2005 06:56 PM

Be sure not to stick it anywhere it could cause cancer... Oh, your not from california huh?

japan3d 10-10-2005 09:47 PM

I used to live in California. I also received a new rudder for my H9 Sukhoi a while back and it had the same sticker on it. I guess we have a very dangerous hobby. Everything we use is known by the state of california to cause cancer.

osxpro 10-10-2005 09:54 PM

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! How the hell is a rudder going to cause cancer????????
How stupid is this freakin country???/ LOL!

Al Lewis 10-10-2005 10:01 PM

Actually it's the aura surrounding the state. As soon as anything passes through it it is immediately radiated and causes either cancer, poor acting, or a strong desire to hide gerbils.

Rv7garage 10-11-2005 10:37 AM

Cripes. I have a strong desire to take Lithium.[:@]

e-sailpilot86 10-12-2005 08:53 PM

I never quite understood that either when I lived there... [&:] It's always known "to the state of California".... why not, like, the federal gov't if it's something serious? I mean, it's just weird... It's kinda humourous though, when you recieve something entirely self contained, and it warns you about it containing lead... :) I always like how vague they are about it too... :D

Bri6791 10-14-2005 10:03 PM

Warning! This website is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Better turn away from your computer monitor quick! Avert your eyes or risk getting eyeball cancer! [X(] And hey, what would you expect from the Terminator? :) But seriously, why are they the only state to do that? [sm=confused.gif]