RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Humor (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/)
-   -   The Bell ringer (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/7643804-bell-ringer.html)

Tercels 06-21-2008 02:53 AM

The Bell ringer

[&o]A man met with a horrible accident that left him without his arms. After a period of recuperation, he started looking in the classified section of the local newspaper to try and find a job. He saw that the church was looking for a bell ringer, and after thinking about it, he decided to apply for the job. When he presented himself before the holy father, the priest told him "My son, I would love to offer you the job in good Christian charity, but since you have no arms, how will you ring the bells"? The man replied "Let me show you, Father", and with that, he ran headfirst into the bell, and produced a large pealing sound! The Priest was taken aback, but told the man if he could do that everyday at noon, the job was his. Everything went well for a few days, but one day the armless man misjudged his aim and went flying out of the steeple into the ground below, landed on his head and was immediately killed. A crowd gathered, and as a policeman filled out an accident report, the Priest came running up to ask what happened. The officer asked the Priest "Father, do you know this man"? and the Priest replied "No, but his face rings a bell".

ssrc30 06-21-2008 03:10 AM

RE: The Bell ringer

LMFAOROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

outdoorhunting 06-21-2008 07:40 AM

Have you even been in church or some really nice resturant & had gas really, really, bad? You know you can't pass it,so you just suffer through it, holding it in with all your will power!!! Finally, you get to go outside where you can pass the gas & - you can't, - where did it go !!!! All that gas had to go somewhere!! Any ideas?

Isaiah 40:31 06-22-2008 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

Have you even been in church or some really nice resturant & had gas really, really, bad? You know you can't pass it,so you just suffer through it, holding it in with all your will power!!! Finally, you get to go outside where you can pass the gas & - you can't, - where did it go !!!! All that gas had to go somewhere!! Any ideas?

Wasn't there a discussion about this about a year ago on this forum? Or maybe it was the other one?

ClemenTang 06-24-2008 01:56 AM

say BURRRRP!!![:'(]

outdoorhunting 06-24-2008 08:39 AM

Wrong end. Although, that could explain some people's bad breath !!!

hugh m 09-25-2008 08:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Tercels

[&o]A man met with a horrible accident that left him without his arms. After a period of recuperation, he started looking in the classified section of the local newspaper to try and find a job. He saw that the church was looking for a bell ringer, and after thinking about it, he decided to apply for the job. When he presented himself before the holy father, the priest told him "My son, I would love to offer you the job in good Christian charity, but since you have no arms, how will you ring the bells"? The man replied "Let me show you, Father", and with that, he ran headfirst into the bell, and produced a large pealing sound! The Priest was taken aback, but told the man if he could do that everyday at noon, the job was his. Everything went well for a few days, but one day the armless man misjudged his aim and went flying out of the steeple into the ground below, landed on his head and was immediately killed. A crowd gathered, and as a policeman filled out an accident report, the Priest came running up to ask what happened. The officer asked the Priest "Father, do you know this man"? and the Priest replied "No, but his face rings a bell".
Still requiring someone to ring the bell the priest reran the classified add and soon after another armless man shows up claiming to be the cousin of the first. After swearing to be a much better aim than his cousin the Priest gives him the job.
However after a few days the second man fell to his death on a sunday morn and when onlookers questioned the priest about his identity, he said "I don't know!.......... But he's a dead ringer for his cousin!"

Couldn't resist

P47Tbolt 09-29-2008 06:46 PM

Confucius say: Man who farts in church sits in his own pew.:D:eek:

FairTax4me 10-03-2008 09:09 PM

It travels up your spine and collects in your brain, and that's where (s word that rhymes with kitty) ideas come from! :D

SJNason 10-09-2008 06:36 AM

ORIGINAL: FairTax4me

It travels up your spine and collects in your brain, and that's where (s word that rhymes with kitty) ideas come from! :D

Aha! So thats where the term Brain Fart originated from. you should make that a Wikipidia entry.