Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Any truth to rumors that JR switching to frequency hopping FASST system?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Any truth to rumors that JR switching to frequency hopping FASST system?

Old 09-21-2010, 11:21 PM
CPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any truth to rumors that JR switching to frequency hopping FASST system?

So,the data logger can be used in the DSMJ receiver,isn't it?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:37 PM
slarty

Default RE: Any truth to rumors that JR switching to frequency hopping FASST system?

DSMJ is a firmware upgrade to the existing DSM2 systems.

As for an upgrade path from DSM2 to DMSS for existing 11X & 12X users, I know that the 11X will probably be relaunched next year with DMSS embedded. I would say that it is unlikely that the current version of the 11X will be suitable for an upgrade path. Reason I say this is because the 11X uses a 5 pin connector as per the old style modules which use :-

Batt Voltage, Regulated 6V, Data, ground and RF from module to antenna. Difficult to get in the telemetry data ! On the 12X I would say it is quite possible as the module based system uses 28 pins, more than sufficient and there is a data line going from the module back to the CPU. This was used to detect any activity on the "normal" channels before selecting a channel to use.

But we will just have to wait and see what happens.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:11 PM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if JR really comes up with a FASST system, then it proves that FASST is better, period.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 PM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

any links to the "J" systems overseas with pics of rx and such?

Nevermind - Iget it, it all looks the same, satellites, etc.

So, in the states it will be called DSX9, DSX12, etc?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Rush!

yup. the JR 1231 Rx is DSMJ. Plug in the datalogger into the bind/data channel. Thats what i do
Old 09-23-2010, 05:11 AM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

Thanks for the info, Now I need to get another data logger and see what my DSMJ equipment is doing.

When I ditched DSM2 I also let the data loggers go, not having this info.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:29 PM
GR7Racer

Just got this in an email, thought some people here might be interested in it.

September 30, 2010

To Our Valued JR Customers:

During the recent BMFA Nationals, a new JR 7 channel radio system using DMSS was shown by our UK distributor. This system uses a technology that is incompatible with DSM2 in order to meet a market need where DSM2 is not available to JR. Unfortunately, several individuals made statements that JR finds very misleading and require correction.

JR remains committed to future development with DSM technologies and to our customers who currently own JR equipment using the DSM standard. JR will continue to manufacture, sell, and support DSM equipment in all markets currently allowed by agreement.

It is our goal that this communication clears up any questions about JR’s intentions and that JR remains confident in and committed to the future of DSM technology around the world.

We thank you for your continued support.

Kind regards

Mooney Takamura.
International Sales Manager
JR Propo
Old 09-30-2010, 12:55 PM
mk1spitfire

Interesting. why was it shown by a uk distrubutor if we are allowed dsm2 here, when its designed for a markets where dsm2 is not allowed?
I thought only Japan fitted that catogory?

Ha, to tease the British.!!

Also, note its says. currently allowed by agreement. . Wasn't that the whole worry in the fist place that a statement from someone else not directly connected with JR had said the EU was looking to limit the power on dsm2 sets and a decision had not yet been reached from European legistators that might prohibit the manufactire of new dsm2 sets if it went ahead.?????

I guess dual choice is coming to us?
Old 10-08-2010, 08:32 PM
slarty

meet a market need where DSM2 is not available to JR
You could read that in the following way....

JR cannot field anything less than 9 channels in the market due to an agreement with Horizon. Therefore DSM2 is not available to JR in the 6, 7 or 8 channels market,
ergo the XG7

Possibly XG8, XG9 next year ??? Who knows ? Mr Takamura & Mr Kuyama will know, but they wont be telling !
Old 10-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

If I flew JR, I would be mainly worried about Horizon pulling the plug and dropping the JR product line ALL together.
I bet it is just a matter of time before we see a Spektrum 10 or 12 channel surface and if i was a betting man, I'd bet those radios are not made by JR Radio
Old 10-06-2011, 04:19 AM
rapega

Hi,

ist there any chance for a DSM/DMSS switchable transmitter in the future, or is that impossible?

Thank you,

RPG
Old 10-06-2011, 05:22 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

RPG, we have had that for the past 8 months. All DSMX transmitters can operate on either DSMX or DSM2.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:25 AM
rapega

D-M-S-S not DSM-X
Old 10-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Bravo77

I have been using Jr 9303 on Jets and on helis no problem to date . 2 x A123 batteries and high end receivers with 4 antennas.

Like they said nothing is perfect . Users need to be careful and follow the manufacturers recommendations. How many people blame things as not being good when they are to be blamed for not following or reading the instructions properly

just my few cents: Happy flying
Old 08-06-2012, 10:42 PM
oren777

Yes JR is coming out with DMSS. It is used on Australia there is a you tube video of the XG8 on youtube as a two part review. In the US I just looked at the Horizon site and it is in stock for 489. They are releasing a 6,8 and 11 it looks like the current 11x except in black. In US 849. It is all over thier websites (jrradio and Horizon) I am in a position to move up personally. I however have a lot of stuff in DSM/2 (MICROS AND SUCH)

Hope this clears some fog up.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:50 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

JR's own system has always been the better frequency hopping DMSS and been used for a while now in other countries, in the USA where they have been solely using spectrum DSM2 is due to some tie up with Horizon Hobbies.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:12 AM
rapega

Hi,

I own a XG8 and an 11X with a DMSS module.

I just love both, each has its advantages.

I've not yet bee flying much with DMSS.

Cheers, Ralf from germany