Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Lambert Microturbines contact?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Lambert Microturbines contact?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 02:19 PM
SinCityJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lambert Microturbines contact?

Chris,

I have not heard back yet. I am still waiting on engines myself. I will continue to try and contact him and let you know when I get ahold of him. Please let me know if he contacts you.

Chad
Old 01-25-2011, 01:06 PM
csetting
My Feedback: (5)

Help I would like my $2700 micro turbine back. What is wrong here. please help I am now very frustrated

Lambert Micro turbines

Old 01-29-2011, 08:25 PM
iamxist10
My Feedback: (12)

So what up here ? This post is getting buried 4 pages back. LET KEEP THE PRESSURE ON ! Chris not getting his repaired turbine back is just a plain rip off by this guy. Bunch of B. S. I would never want to do business with people or companies with this type of poor service!
Old 01-29-2011, 11:52 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

well i do know he is out of dataterminals , how i know?
he ordered all i had left for him.
i also wanted to get a datasheet from a ecu from him.
but since he called me, no more answers.(2 weeks ago)
(nicolas since you hace a datacable can you read out a Clone file for me?,there is a unhappy camper in the UK who wants a new ecu , i got ecu,s but no correct datafile its a orange version autostart)
he is not a crook , just a brilliant mind , very good designer.
but a bad businessman.
he wont fraud you that i am sure , he is indeed very bad keeping contact with customers.
what he needs is a good investor that lets him manufacture engines and does repairs.
and let the selling and contact side to the investor.
i once tried that idea also, answer: Great idea! lets do that!
that was 4 years ago.

i rather send a email to Jetcat and get my orders for that reason
Old 01-30-2011, 12:31 AM
SpiderJets

I fully agree with the analysis of Sandor.

Sandor,

Here are the ECU readings of my three Kolibris :

Kolibri #1 "TwinJet"

Max RPM : 241.000
Idle RPM : 99.000
Stop RPM : 60.000
Min °C : 100°C
Max°C : 900°C
Accel : 008
Decel : 010
Stability : 043
Pump Start Point : 029
Pump Start Ramp : 030
Glow Plug Power : 067

Kolibri #2 "Falcon25"

Max RPM : 242.000
Idle RPM : 98.000
Stop RPM : 67.000
Max°C : 848°C
Accel : 010
Decel : 010
Stability : 043
Pump Start Point : AUTO+2
Pump Start Ramp : 010
Glow Plug Power : 065

Kolibri #3 "Opus"

Max RPM : 240.000
Idle RPM : 98.000
Stop RPM : 70.000
Max°C : 900°C
Accel : 004
Decel : 004
Stability : 044
Pump Start Point : AUTO+4
Pump Start Ramp : 018
Glow Plug Power : 070

Nicolas.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:50 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a "brilliant crook"? The guy is scum if he can't even return an email from a customer pleading for his turbine. How many weeks has it been?

Plain and simple.

Dave
Old 01-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This has been going on for well over a year! The last contact was an email to myself stating that Chris' turbine would be shipped back in October. Prior to that he (Mr. Lambert) had told Chris that the repair was complete and that it would be sent back.

I understand that another modeler who had seen this thread knew someone else contacted Mr. Lambert and advised him of this thread and this situation. No attempt in the slightest has been made to make contact let alone resolve this issue.

This guy is a crook at worst and bad businessman at best. There is no excuse whatsoever for dodging phone calls and emails. No one can claim that Chris has been anything but patient. One simple call or email with THE TRUTH would suffice. A bad business man may loose money, but a crook runs and hides! You be the judge.

The company Chris' and I work for sends tech reps all around the world including Germany. It is at the point now where somebody will be paying Mr. Lambert a visit in person if necessary to get Chris' property, or something of equal value returned.

Simply ridiculous!!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Lownverted

Gotta keep the pressure up, not much else going on at this point.

Evidently Martin heard about this thread through the grapevine and sent Chris an email. He stated he was sorry (blah blah) and that he forgot about it (blah blah) and that he had a new baby (same excuse he used in the email to me last year) and asked Chris for his shipping address which he obviously provided. Again. I've sent it to him twice, Chris at least that much. Promised a new shiney gold cover for his trouble.................and nothing. No tracking #, no reply, nothing.

So we still sit and wait, nothing else to do at this point. One good thing may come of it, I'll have an excuse to go see him in person at Jet Power. I'm fairly certain he will understand our frustration face to face.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:59 PM
rcguy!

ORIGINAL: Lownverted

Evidently Martin heard about this thread through the grapevine and sent Chris an email. He stated he was sorry (blah blah) and that he forgot about it (blah blah) and that he had a new baby (same excuse he used in the email to me last year) and asked Chris for his shipping address which he obviously provided. Again. I've sent it to him twice, Chris at least that much. Promised a new shiney gold cover for his trouble.................and nothing. No tracking #, no reply, nothing.

So we still sit and wait, nothing else to do at this point. One good thing may come of it, I'll have an excuse to go see him in person at Jet Power. I'm fairly certain he will understand our frustration face to face.
Do you REALLY think he'll show up at Jet Power? I'll bet he has a list of unhappy customers by now........

Hope the best for all,, but....He doesn't even stay in contact with his USA Importer!

Dave
Old 02-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My local hobbystore ( http://www.hab.se/ ) called Martin yesterday to setup a dealership for his line of engines, he picked up first try useing the phone number on his site.

http://www.lambert-modellturbinen.de/seite4.html
Old 02-09-2011, 12:23 AM
rcguy!

ORIGINAL: Henke Torphammar

My local hobbystore ( http://www.hab.se/ ) called Martin yesterday to setup a dealership for his line of engines, he picked up first try useing the phone number on his site.

I wonder if caller ID had anything to do with it?

Dave
Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 AM
Henke Torphammar

ORIGINAL: rcguy!

I wonder if caller ID had anything to do with it?

Dave
I have no clue, just passing the info on. I'm happy to keep you updated on my local hobbyshops experience if it will help. So far no problems.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Lownverted

Yeah I know, wishful thinking on my part. It will get sorted out eventually. It's not about the turbine or the money anymore, its principal. We take whatever steps necessary to further expose this fraud and make sure others are aware of his business (or lack there of) practices.

ORIGINAL: rcguy!

Do you REALLY think he'll show up at Jet Power? I'll bet he has a list of unhappy customers by now........

Hope the best for all,, but....He doesn't even stay in contact with his USA Importer!

Dave
Old 02-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Lownverted

Exactly!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Lownverted

Henke,

All the more suspicious! I can't believe anyone would want to be a dealer with his track record. He won't call his US dealer back, Ali certainly won't deal with him and has spelled that out quite clearly. It goes on and on!

Until Mr. Lambert steps away from the operations side of things and gets a reliable manager, I see this as a never ending cycle. His credibility sucks, and is backed up by his less than stellar actions. You may have a good relationship until he gets your money, but I would bet as soon as you have an issue, you'll be in trouble.

Maybe since your hobby shop is going to be a dealer, they wouldn't mind calling on Chris' behalf and asking about his turbine?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Henke Torphammar

Maybe since your hobby shop is going to be a dealer, they wouldn't mind calling on Chris' behalf and asking about his turbine?
It's all about knowing before and taking actions to prevent things like this happening for us. I do not know Chris full story, I do not know the US dealer etc. I do not know who's flaming who. I also find it "funny" he answers us at the first call and "you" haven't been able to reach him in months(?!) However I'm sure my local shop will keep thier customers under their wings and work out a good deal with Lambert. the HAB guys will ofcause make a point that they need to be able to get hold of Lambert or his crew.

My local shop also offer the P20 for those who want a solid manufacturer, price is about the same but as we know the P20 does weigh 40% more then the T25-full auto... so there are pros and cons to everything. (visiting Jetpower the jetcat crew did't seem half as enthusiastic as the lambert guys)

I hope you understand our thinking :-)
Old 02-09-2011, 09:21 AM
siclick33

Henke,

Have a look at who is having problems with Martin Lambert. You seem to be suggesting that some individuals have upset him and are therefore receiving bad service. This isn't the case. The difficulty in getting in touch with him is well known but it appears to have got worse lately. If his dealers can't get in touch with him then what hope does the man-on-the-street have?

I guarantee that it is only a matter of time before your local model shop has problems; just like a large number of the other extremely reputable suppliers have. What will your model shop do with customers who have bought Kolibris but then can't get them serviced? The unfortunate fact is that Mr Lambert is the only person who can do it. If he doesn't, there is nothing the model shop/dealer can do about it.

My enjoyment of my engine has been ruined as I can't fly it safe in the knowledge that if it gets damaged it will be repaired. The way I see it at the moment is that if my engine gets damaged I may as well throw it in the bin[&o]
Old 02-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Lownverted

It's all laid out in this thread if you care to slow down and re-read it. It's pretty simple. Chris sent his turbine in OVER A YEAR AGO for service, and Martin will not return it. It's not an issue of payment or anything else, Chris has provided that info MANY times. All Martin has is excuses and false promises, I forgot, I had a baby, it's already been sent etc. Nothing but lies. I'ts not just "me" who he will not pick up the phone for, it's Chris, the US dealer (Chad @ sincity) and plenty of others.

Since you seem to think that "we" are the only ones having problems, here is what Sincity has to say:

Chris,

I have not heard back yet. I am still waiting on engines myself. I will continue to try and contact him and let you know when I get ahold of him. Please let me know if he contacts you.

Chad

And from Ali:

Ali

I am sure that the Lambert Kolibri will fly the Habu and fly it well. Especially as the installed weight is lighter. Our conversion kit will run with a Lambert. The reason why I push the Jet Cat is reliability. Not in the turbine itself. As I have a Kolibri myself and absolutely love the way it runs. I flew the socks off mine for the past two seasons without a single glitch... The problem comes in the reliability of the manufacturer. The man is obviously a gifted engineer, and without a doubt he has made a stunning little turbine, but his after sales is dismal. I have a Kolibri that needs a new ECU and it may as well be a paperweight. I cant get in touch with Lambert, and have been trying for 4 weeks now. If this is what its like trying to buy a new product from him, lordy knows what I would have to go through to get any service work done! Such a shame as its a great little turbine!
Regards Al

If he won't support one of Europe largest dealers, what hope has your LHS got?

It's all about knowing before and taking actions to prevent things like this happening for us. I do not know Chris full story, I do not know the US dealer etc. I do not know who's flaming who. I also find it ''funny'' he answers us at the first call and ''you'' haven't been able to reach him in months(?!) However I'm sure my local shop will keep thier customers under their wings and work out a good deal with Lambert. the HAB guys will ofcause make a point that they need to be able to get hold of Lambert or his crew.

My local shop also offer the P20 for those who want a solid manufacturer, price is about the same but as we know the P20 does weigh 40% more then the T25-full auto... so there are pros and cons to everything. (visiting Jetpower the jetcat crew did't seem half as enthusiastic as the lambert guys)

I hope you understand our thinking :-)
Old 02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Henke Torphammar

It's all laid out in this thread if you care to slow down and re-read it. It's pretty simple.
I've read the thread. I see what people are writeing but still he answerd the phone first call. Also being nice at Jetpower. I do not say you are wrong just that I can't run your buisness with him as I do not know it all. Do not flame me just for reaching through on the phone.

I also respect what Ali are saying, thats why asking him for advice. Seem like a great guy even though I don't know him.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Lownverted

You called him one time and got lucky. I can show you the writing on the wall, but I can't make you read it. If I was a hobby shop that wanted to become a dealer, I think I would be more willing to help out whomever needed it and possibly gain a customer in the process.

Good luck.

It's all laid out in this thread if you care to slow down and re-read it. It's pretty simple.
I've read the thread. I see what people are writeing but still he answerd the phone first call. Also being nice at Jetpower. I do not say you are wrong just that I can't run your buisness with him as I do not know it all. Do not flame me just for reaching through on the phone.

I also respect what Ali are saying, thats why asking him for advice. Seem like a great guy even though I don't know him.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Kolibri that needs a new ECU
A friend has a Lambert, doesn't it use a Digitech ECU or am I mistaken?

I didn't think it was a special 'Lambert' item. Contact Sandor, perhaps it may
get you back in the air.

A shame you guys are having problems, they really are a great little engine. - John.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:50 PM
siclick33

digitech:
well i do know he is out of dataterminals , how i know?
he ordered all i had left for him.
i also wanted to get a datasheet from a ecu from him.
but since he called me, no more answers.(2 weeks ago)
Sandor is a supplier of a major component of the engine and even he can't get in touch to get the ECU data from Mr Lambert. Maybe he should contact Henke's local model shop
Old 02-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Henke Torphammar

ORIGINAL: siclick33
Maybe he should contact Henke's local model shop
I should't have posted at all... [] sorry that I upset you all.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:04 AM
ceffi

Sorry, I can't belive the hole story.
I tried it just this morning two times via phone and I got him.
I informed him about this thread.

Christian
Old 02-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Lownverted

Christian,

Thank you very much for the effort!

ORIGINAL: ceffi

Sorry, I can't belive the hole story.
I tried it just this morning two times via phone and I got him.
I informed him about this thread.

Christian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.