Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new Tornado sport jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Tornado sport jet

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 03:04 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

ORIGINAL: Inconel

Hi Guys,

ich have a 1:6 Kit in my workroom. Optimal for 2x P70 oder Jetcentral Rabbit.

it´s for sale....

Joerg
Joerg

In case you have missunderstood the title, this is a pod and boom airframe simmilar to a Boomerang and not a scale Tornado.

Mike
Old 10-27-2010, 05:46 AM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the gayest post I've seen in a long time... First don't name the stupid thing a TORNADO, I lost 5.7 seconds of my life thinking it was a SCALE Tornado that I would have to buy and love, and second sheesh, try making a presentable picture and not something that looks like it was ripped off of bvm and pixelated
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60862.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1523872  
Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

Please disregard this post this was written in response to somebody this morning that the moderators removed from here

"There is a time and place for everybody and I guess this is not the place for you. I am sorry if I wasted your time with this post, you can continue to be offensive and have the world revolve around you. If you would like to discuss this with me personally, you can contact me at 305-519-2705. As for the picture, first of all no pictures have been ripped-off of anybody. The last time I checked that was a Scheme created by the NAVY for its trainers in the mid 1950 if i remember correctly. '
Old 10-27-2010, 07:19 AM
laserbeam
My Feedback: (74)

Coming from you kid ( SKYMAC ) ...haha a guy with poor ratings 2 negative out of 7 transactions...... You are the perfect example of what the RCU community shouldn't be.....you lie ,degrade ,insult and embarass and if you can read ( barely ) because i can see you have no education , those are the thing you can't do in the RCU comunity.......

"""Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.!! (RCU Policies)
Old 10-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Modellbau USA

The wings, booms and elevator are monokote. We have one of these airplanes that we made with full composite wings booms and fuselage, but the price was very different do to the cost of materials and manufacturing. We construct the kit in our factory in Ecuador and final assembly is accomplished in South Florida. Every single kit is inspected before it leaves our warehouse for any defects. Like in any mass production of products there are always some that have blemishes or defects, we stand behind our product and do our best to keep that down to a minimum. That is why we have people that go through every kit before it is shipped to insure that they are ok before it leaves our warehouse. We are stocking a full line of spar parts, covering and hardware to try to give the best customer service to our clients. I have attached a few picture of the airplane before it gets painted and covered for you to see the quality of our work.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74673.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1523884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70559.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1523885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw56973.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1523886  
Old 10-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Moerig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Skymac

This is the gayest post I've seen in a long time... First don't name the stupid thing a TORNADO, I lost 5.7 seconds of my life thinking it was a SCALE Tornado that I would have to buy and love, and second sheesh, try making a presentable picture and not something that looks like it was ripped off of bvm and pixelated

This image was edited and saved using Adobe Photoshop Mac edition on 13 Oct 2010 at 16H41.16.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:41 AM
rpat

Alright, I've heard enough about skymac already. Lets get back to the TORNADO.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Modellbau USA

Some more info. The decals on the airplane are all high quality vinyl not that cheap clear plastic printed stuff, the stars & bars are printed vinyl and the letters are all cut vinyl. All decals are factory installed. There was also a question on what size struts the retracts accommodate, they are made for 3/8 struts. Also 18lb of thrust is the max for the jet so a P80 will not be ok and will not fit into our engine mount.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:02 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Any pics of the finished product ?
Old 10-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Modellbau USA

I will post full pics and hopefully a video of the airplane next week if the weather holds up. The manuel will be on our website late next week as well thanks. We are currently building one for the manuel and taking lots of pictures so you can see step by step the construction. Thank you for your patience we will do our best to get pictures out ASAP
Old 10-27-2010, 10:34 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whilst I have missed (and gladly so) the earlier confrontations in this thread, I do think that the name is confusing and was disappointed that the colour so closely resembles the Bobcat scheme.

This seems to be quite an original approach to jet modelling. IMO it deserves an original name and original colour schemes. That said, if it flys well, I think it will be a big seller.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:58 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I have to agree that the name sucks, I opened the thread expecting to see a new swing wing bird (even when I went to your website a week or so ago that's what I thought until it opened up to this airplane. (at least it's not called a KeeKat or Lingkat like some of the other asian knockoff's were called!)

Having said that, if the airplane is strong and flies well, and all components work as advertised I will be very impressed.
The price makes me a bit skeptical as to quality though, I don't mean that as a slam, unfortunately with companies like Fly Eagle Jets who have brought out jets at very low prices, only to show that they fall apart or don't work, my confidence in offshore produced very inexpensive products is very low.
Having said that, I'll take your word that this airplane is higher quality, I look forward to seeing "consumer reviews" on it.

Now the big question, are there any plans to have it available with a white gelcoat fuselage and the wings and such uncovered so that we could chose our own scheme and do it ourselves? Or at least a white fuselage with white wings etc? That would make it more appealing to me.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Modellbau USA

We chose the Navy Trainer paint scheme because it is very popular scheme in the RC world and I really was tired of having sport jets not being available with a nice military scheme. As for the name we choose TORNADO because it sounds cool, not only in English but in spanish,russian, german etc.... try saying "Striker T" in IsiZulu which is spoken in South Africa where we have 10 planes sold to.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:18 AM
LGM Graphix

Ok, that's great, but will you be offering it in an all white or uncovered scheme?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Modellbau USA

At the moment we don't have any plans of having the plane come in white Gel coat but let me see what I can do. We have a production line for this jet and it would be difficult to change it to accommodate a different scheme even if it is white. We are in the process of making another 300 kits for February and maybe we can make some of those in white only. As for the quality they are built strong and light. If people do as we ask in the instructions and don't install 25lb thrust turbine in a airplane that was designed for a P60 or P70 then the plane will be great.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:22 AM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

Looks promising! Love the Navy hi-viz paint scheme... real easy to see.
Can't seem to open up your web page? It goes to some other web sites? Is it www.modellbau-usa.com? cause that one does not work?
Thanks
Z
Old 10-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Modellbau USA

It is www.modellbauusa.com
Old 10-27-2010, 11:24 AM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

Never mind on the web site thing.. I just figured it out... thanks
Z
Old 10-27-2010, 11:43 AM
LGM Graphix

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

At the moment we don't have any plans of having the plane come in white Gel coat but let me see what I can do. We have a production line for this jet and it would be difficult to change it to accommodate a different scheme even if it is white. We are in the process of making another 300 kits for February and maybe we can make some of those in white only. As for the quality they are built strong and light. If people do as we ask in the instructions and don't install 25lb thrust turbine in a airplane that was designed for a P60 or P70 then the plane will be great.
So there is only one scheme available?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Modellbau USA

Yes sir!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:58 AM
thunderceptor

We would like to formally introduce our new jet the TORNADO. As many people already know the airplane is going to be sold as an ARF. It's construction is made up of a composite fuselage and built up wings,booms and elevator that are fully sheeted. The jet is made to accommodate a 12lb.-18 lb. thrust engine with a case diameter of 3.25 inches - 3.75 inches i.e. P60,P70,Wren 70-75, King Tech K80 etc... The airplane comes with factory installed spring air retracts, composite fuel tank made by Derrick Martin, composite control horns, and aluminum turbine mount pre-installed on the airplane. Pre-sales will start in mid-November and we are expecting to have the first shipment by mid-December. Total price of the kit is $475.00

We are also offering a complete servo package that includes 10 metal gear ball bearing servos, all extensions needed for the jet and a 6.6V LiFe battery for $250. All servo's extensions and batteries are made in house. We have also partnered up with Spring Air products to offer a set of Wheels,Brakes and struts for under $200. A mechanical or electric brake valve along with a UAT will be offered by Dreamworks RC to complete the kit off.

In about 1 1/2 weeks we will have a full set of pictures and a manual for you to view. Anybody interested on getting on the pre-order wait list you can email your full name, phone number and email to [email protected]. There will be exclusive dealers for Germany, UK and Australia, so check back with me for more details.
Looks like a BVM Bobcat..
Old 10-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Modellbau USA

So does the Falcon 120,KeeCat,Angel,Pheonix etc.... your point is what and the Bob Cat looks like the RamCat which was the first twinn boom jet designed by RAM that never got released. The point is that airplanes are airplanes and there is plenty of room for everything in the RC industry.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 PM
747junky

I agree 100% not everybody in this hobby wants to spend $7000 for a jet and some might not have the money to do that. I think these guys are doing a great job on trying to make the jet world accesible to everybody.With this economy,money is tight for everybody and at least they have thought of a way to keep our hobby going. I dont understand why people like to stir up crap for noreason if you dont like it then go about your buisness.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:06 PM
MITFREAK

Very well said. I have done buisness with Henry not related with RC and I all I have to say is that he is a very outstanding guy. Our research facility purchased one of there UAV's and it was A quality work. If people want to talk about expensive go an purchase one of there $300,000 UAV's.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Zagzoo
My Feedback: (28)

ORIGINAL: RCISFUN

The airplane comes with factory installed spring air retracts, composite fuel tank made by Derrick Martin, composite control horns, and aluminum turbine mount pre-installed on the airplane. Pre-sales will start in mid-November and we are expecting to have the first shipment by mid-December. Total price of the kit is $475.00

...... We have also partnered up with Spring Air products to offer a set of Wheels,Brakes and struts for under $200. A mechanical or electric brake valve along with a UAT will be offered by Dreamworks RC to complete the kit off.
What size struts will the retract units accept?
Will the Jet Central Rabbit fit

Rabbit should fit easy.. It is smaller (not much) then a K80!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.